Logitech G920 stopped working

My G920 was working perfectly fine, suddendly the ffb went off, everything stopped working and the FFB engine started to make a bee noise, and that's all it does until now. I tried to reinstall the drivers, and reconnect cables, nothing worked. Any idea?

I suppose G920 does the same as the G27: .... calibrate the wheel when plugged.
Does it still calibrate ? ... if not, that might be a power supply problem.
In this case, buttons are still working thanks to the USB but no FFB at all .....

I read a post somewhere in the past where a guy reported the same problem, it turned out that the wheel had overheated. After allowing it to cool, it went back to normal. Hopefully the problem is as simple as that...

I suppose G920 does the same as the G27: .... calibrate the wheel when plugged.
Does it still calibrate ? ... if not, that might be a power supply problem.
In this case, buttons are still working thanks to the USB but no FFB at all .....
It calibrates but after that nothing works, ffb, buttons and pedals.

Today i tested the power supply and it is delivering 16v when it should be delivering 24v. Do you think it is a power supply problem?

EDIT: Yes it is a power supply problem, when i disconnect the pedals the steering wheel starts to work normally, only 16v isn't enough to supply both devices. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
EDIT: Yes it is a power supply problem, when i disconnect the pedals the steering wheel starts to work normally, only 16v isn't enough to supply both devices. Thanks anyway.
That's very very weird. The pedals shouldn't be drawing much power - all that's inside the pedal unit is some potentiometers (or at least that's the case for my G27). Perhaps there's a short circuit in there. That doesn't seem totally plausible though, cos then the potentiometers (or wherever the short is) would be getting pretty hot. If you have a power meter you could see if the (wall-plug) power demand for the PSU is a lot higher when the pedals are plugged in. If so that would suggest the PSU probably isn't the root cause of your problems.
The FFB motor which spins the wheel at startup will be drawing massively more power than the pots ever should.

That's very very weird. The pedals shouldn't be drawing much power - all that's inside the pedal unit is some potentiometers (or at least that's the case for my G27). Perhaps there's a short circuit in there. That doesn't seem totally plausible though, cos then the potentiometers (or wherever the short is) would be getting pretty hot. If you have a power meter you could see if the (wall-plug) power demand for the PSU is a lot higher when the pedals are plugged in. If so that would suggest the PSU probably isn't the root cause of your problems.
The FFB motor which spins the wheel at startup will be drawing massively more power than the pots ever should.
Today i tested the power supply again and it was delivering 24v as expected. Then i opened the pedals and it started working again, it was short circuit as you said. I thought it was a power supply problem because for some reason when my teacher tested it, it was delivering only 16v.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 165 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%