Logitech G920 pedals problems

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble with my Logitech g920 pedals. The throttle is spiking and it can't get full throttle properly. Also sticks when downshifting so I decided to clean them out. I am having trouble with the wiring though.

Does anyone have a good solution to take the wires off the potentiometer without snapping the little fins off?

I saw a few YouTube videos where people just pulled them right off with ease, yet my ones are insanely tight when I try to take them off,

Thanks

The joints on my G27 were horribly tight as well, and I think (it's years ago now) I resorted to using a tiny screwdriver to slightly open the crimpings to reduce the tension required, the first time I removed them.

Two other things to consider though, because the (unique and unbuyable) pots are a constant source of pain with Logitech pedals: (a) using 3DRap convertors, so you can fit standard pots or (b) installing a Hall sensor mod instead.
Cleaning the pots (which I did repeatedly for many years) sometimes lasted me for a year or so, and other times only a few months. I could never tell if it was dust, use or disuse that made any difference. (It's quite disgraceful and bordering on criminally negligent that Logitech refuse to supply replacement pots - the number of pedals that have gone to landfill must be enormous.)

Honestly btw, I never really convinced myself that dismounting the pots and even dismantling them entirely to clean them really made much difference relative to just opening the pedal housing, leaving the pots in place, and just blasting them in situ with contact cleaner via the little applicator "straw" (the stuff is more or less pure alcohol and evaporates very quickly). It's still painful to remove and replace the 250* screws in the housing :) but it makes the "service" a lot quicker if you don't strip the pedals down.

*I may be exaggerating slightly

Upvote 0
Ill agree, those things are on there TIGHT! I used a small pick and needle nose pliers. Its not horribly difficult to fix them if you break the connectors off. I did.

The cleaning part... Ive done it a few times now. My method is, put the pots in a closed container of alcohol and shake gently. Turn the pots back and forth a few times and shake again. Then I use a hair dryer (I use a torch but dont do that) to dry all the alcohol. Make sure you get them good and warm then just let them cool off. Should be enough time to dry.

The compressed alcohol thats recommended above would work just as well I assume. I would be careful how much pressure you put into the pots tho, they have some small wires inside.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years