Logitech G920 losing ffb

Whenever I pit or the game changes phases (practice/qualifying/race) the wheel just floats and I have no force feedback.

If I quit out of the game (just the game, not all of AC) it comes back. If I unplug the wheel and plug it back in it comes back (but if done mid-game this creates other issues with the wheel).

It can't be hardware related given it only does it in AC (not ACC), and it doesn't do it randomly mid-race, only when pitting or during race phase changes.

I had FFBClib installed so have removed that, I've made sure I'm running the latest firmware for the wheel, and I've done a "Verify integrity" on AC through Steam but nothing has worked.

It has not always happened, have had AC approx 6 weeks and this has only started happening in the last few weeks but I'm not aware of any changes I've made that correlate to this starting.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Does anyone have any suggestions on why it could be happening, or how to troubleshoot further?

Thanks!
Shannon

Last edited:
I think I've fixed it. Turned out to be a driver issue. Here is what I did:
  1. Downloaded and installed Logitech Gaming Software (contains the drivers for the wheel).
  2. Uninstalled the drivers for the two G920 devices in Windows Device Manager
  3. Rebooted
  4. (Wheel was automatically re-installed by Windows)
  5. Manually "updated" the drivers from Device Manager, choosing to select the drivers and pointing them to the .ini file in the LGS install folder.
I'm not sure the last step is actually required as did not test in between, and the driver version is the same.

It's almost been a week and has not happened since.

I think I've fixed it. Turned out to be a driver issue. Here is what I did:
  1. Downloaded and installed Logitech Gaming Software (contains the drivers for the wheel).
  2. Uninstalled the drivers for the two G920 devices in Windows Device Manager
  3. Rebooted
  4. (Wheel was automatically re-installed by Windows)
  5. Manually "updated" the drivers from Device Manager, choosing to select the drivers and pointing them to the .ini file in the LGS install folder.
I'm not sure the last step is actually required as did not test in between, and the driver version is the same.

It's almost been a week and has not happened since.
Where in device manager is this under? I can't find it anywhere, what is the specific name? Thanks

I had an issue similar like this. I figured out that when my wireless mouse leaves standby mode (Logitech G Pro Wireless), after not having touched it for a while while racing, the game stops recognizing my steering wheel properly, and loses FFB.

I solved this by plugging the mouse in so it never enter sleep mode in the first place. After this troubleshoot the issue never happened anymore.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years