Logitech G920 brake pedal fix for ACC

G920 users may have noticed that it is very difficult to get decent braking in ACC. This is because the Advanced Brake settings only allow for a maximum upper deadzone of 50% (Maximum Limit 100 on the adjustment scale) whereas I usually need about 70% upper deadzone to counteract the effect of the physical rubber bung in the G920 brake pedal. This can be set in AC but not ACC for some reason.

So how can you get good braking? First of all edit the controls.json file then change the ingame Advanced Brake Pedal setting. Here's how.

Go to your Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config folder and open the controls.json file with Notepad or your favourite text editor then scroll down to this section:

"raceCommandAxisList": [
{
"axisIndex": 0,
"axisCode": "Steer",
"minRange": 1,
"maxRange": -1,
"isCombined": false
},
{
"axisIndex": 1,
"axisCode": "Gas",
},
{
"axisIndex": 5,
"axisCode": "Brake",
"maxRange": 0.6,
},
{
"axisIndex": 6,
"axisCode": "Clutch",

In the section for Brake find the "maxRange" line and edit the value from -1 (default) to 0.6. You can try other settings between 0.0 and 1 but personally I like the feel of the brakes at 0.6 which gives good braking without pushing the pedal through the floor. Remember to save the controls.json file.

Next load the game and go to Options/Controls/Brake/Advanced and set Maximum Limit to 100. Take a car out on track and you've now got brakes.

I hope you find this tip useful, maybe Kunos will change the configuration in game one day, but until then this works a treat.

Last edited:
I hope you find this tip useful,
Thx for the info. Currently I'm using the clutch pedal of my G29 pedal set, but should I ever have/want to switch I think your approach would be the first thing I'd try.

We had a discussion about this topic (stiff, non-linear brake pedal) in another thread some time ago. Also there some interesting suggestions where made and it was also obvious, that preferences are different between people.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.8%