Logitech G29 Wheel Rotation

• Thread starter Deleted member 387850
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 387850

• Deleted member 387850

I've been dipping my toe into the world of rF2 having recently picked it up along with the GT3 pack and the Endurance Pack. I'll be honest, it's felt complicated to get up and running with but I think I'm getting to a place where I'm happy with everything and starting to enjoy it!

One thing I noticed straight away is that the "Vehicle Set" wheel rotation didn't work with my G29. For each car I had to check its real world rotation and set that as the maximum rotation in Logitech Gaming Software. I found a few threads about this on the s397 forum that suggested a solution was being worked on.

I was pleased when the November Update (Build 1112) release notes mentioned:
  • Support for the Logitech G29 and G920 was added, fixing some long outstanding issues with these wheels.
I assumed this would fix the wheel rotation issue, but when I tried it out it still didn't work, even with a fresh Controller.json file. After some head-scratching I noticed in the release notes there is also a section titled "Software Wheel Rotation Explained". It looks like this is primarily aimed at OSW and SimSteering users, but following the instructions worked for my G29.

I'd just like to clarify - should the G29 be fully supported (including vehicle set rotation) out of the box with Build 1112, or is it necessary to make the changes to Controller.json to allow this?

• Deleted member 387850

i have edited controller.json and a rf2 profile in logitech software, where i setted 900 degrees. it works perfectly

Thanks for the quick reply! So it looks like you do need to edit the Controller.json then for this to work properly. As you say, it seems to work perfectly now so no complaints there!

One thing to note is that I also had to set Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver to false for it to work correctly so I'm assuming rF2 isn't able to get the max wheel rotation from LGS.

It would be good if this was documented more clearly as I'm sure for a G29 user trying rF2 for the first time this wouldn't be immediately obvious. At one point I was nearly for giving up ;)

• Deleted member 387850

Well I created a rF2 profile in LGS, but it still doesn't work with Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver set to true. As soon as I set it to false it works perfectly. Anyway, not a problem, just a curiosity :) I might ask over on the s397 forum just to see if anyone over there knows why!

• Deleted member 387850

Yep, set to 900 degrees. I think it only reads this value when Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver set to false, otherwise it attempts to get that value from the driver which in my case it seems unable to do. That said, I thought if it cannot get the value from the driver it falls back to this value, which leads me to think it's not that it can't get the value, perhaps it's getting the wrong value. LGS is obviously set to 900 degrees as well.

Dont run the Logitech profiler or have it running in the background before you start RFactor 2.
I have been doing this for months and with no problems, you dont need it running. Make any changes in game, depending on what car im driving I may lower the FF multiplier so not to over load the wheel with too much FF and turn on the car specific option on. works perfectly, wheel matches in game and FF is normal.
Rfactor 2 runs its own profiler and seems to clash if running the Logitech profiler at the same time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%