Logitech G29 rotates by itself

I picked up rfactor 2 on the summer sale and was excited to try it out after watching the Le Mans 24h.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work with my G29. I've read about people having some trouble with matching wheel-rotation, but that's not my problem.

If I go into controls and use detect to find my wheel, it shows up and the standard buttons get mapped. However, throttle, brake, clutch and steering dosen't get assigned correctly and I have to assign these manually.

After I'm done and go onto track and try to turn the wheel it starts to turn 1:1, but then it keeps on turning by itself.
So if I just nudge the wheel a bit to the left, it keeps turning until it hits full lock. I haven't had and issues at all in PC2, ACC, AC, iRacing, Race room 2, AM2, but for some reason I can't get it to work in rfactor2.

Has anybody had any similar issues with the g29? At this point I'm close to just call it quits and come back in a month when I've bought a CSL elite instead.

Thanks for the tip! It was set to Low so I tried turning it off and turned steering lock off, but it didn't solve the problem.

Is there any calibration that needs to be done when you select the wheel? If I look at the blue bars that shows the amount of steering input, it seems to match up to what I'm doing with the wheel. But as soon as I go on track the wheel turns to full lock as soon as i touch the wheel in any diirection.

This first link is general settings for the G29
You might be able to find suggestions that helps in the Studio-397 thread in second link

If all else fails: Be sure your rFactor is shut down then delete both your player.json and controller.ini files from your player sub-directory located in your UserData folder. Then when you load up rFactor it will make a new files.

1) This time you won't use the Wheel detect feature but instead set all controller assignments manually.

2) Start off with clicking on your "LEFT" Steering and turn wheel fully left, then same for "RIGHT" Steering.

3) Now, do your "Throttle", "Brake", Clutch, then Shift Up, Shift Down. Now "Save" and Name your new Profile. You can do any additional settings with the same profile once you know your basic wheel settings are working correctly so load up a track and see if your issue has been resolved.

Good luck and hope this helps. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Kinda sounds like you might have your FFB reversed. Did you start by loading the wheel's profile in the game? You only mention detecting it, but nothing about loading the profile.

Alternatively you can check you controller.json file in your player folder and try to invert the value for Steering Effects Strength - should be positive 10000 for Logitech wheels, if it's -10000, then make it positive.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 510 39.0%