Logitech G29: Incorrect steering input when game and wheel are set to 540°

Hey guys,

got a G29 a little while ago and so far I think it's a good value for the money and I like it.
Yesterday I tried to set the wheel to 540° since most modern race cars don't really use more than that anyways.
The problem with that is, that I'm having totally incorrect steering inputs. For example: When I turn my wheel 180°, the wheel of the car turns about 40 or 45° further. When turning 90° it's only like 10 or 15 degrees. From that I would say it's an issue with linearity but changing it in the Gaming Software so it is correct at 180°, it still isn't correct in other positions.

I already tried to delete my user files in the Documents folder on my drive but that didn't help.
In other Sims like RaceRoom or the normal AC the wheel works just fine.

Has anyone had similiar issues or ideas whatelse I could try? (I would rather reintsall it when I tried all possible solutions because I only have a 16Mbit internet connection XD)

Thanks in advance!

L3g3nd

I don't get why you change it in the driver to 540° to begin with? I have a Logitech DFGT and left it to 900° in the driver since forever and never had any real issues with steering lock in games (ACC, iRacing, RaceRoom).

I don't get why you change it in the driver to 540° to begin with? I have a Logitech DFGT and left it to 900° in the driver since forever and never had any real issues with steering lock in games (ACC, iRacing, RaceRoom).
That is what I had to do with my T150, so I thought I'll have to do the same with the G29. Just tested it and it turn out you're right. Setting it in the LGS to 540 and leaving it in ACC at 900 actually does the trick. So that was my fault then. Thanks a lot!!!

When I had my G29 I would make sure both the Logitech software and in game were set to 900. The game would take care of the auto rotation and each car was 1 to 1 for me. Is it ok when you do that?
That works but sometimes when you loose the car, the wheel itself or me then turns it too far an then it takes longer to turn it back obviously... I know it's complaining on a high level but just wanted to know wether I'm doing something wrong :)

That works but sometimes when you loose the car, the wheel itself or me then turns it too far an then it takes longer to turn it back obviously... I know it's complaining on a high level but just wanted to know wether I'm doing something wrong :)

I see what you mean :)

Sounds like you've fixed it to your liking by setting the hard bump stops in LGS and you haven't lost the 1 to 1 steering ratio either. I never did try that so you've taught me something. Good job. Thanks!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%