Logitech G29 - faulty paddles and my solution ...

Hi guys,

I've got a Logitech G29 here which started to make problems somewhere last year.
A paddleshift was missed here and there.
It started with the upshift paddle and got worse over time. A support thread in the logitech forum did not help (a lot of people were complaining about their after sales support there).
As I'm using it quite frequently I also did not want to miss it for I don't know how many weeks a replacement takes.

So I repaired it myself by exchanging the switch on it's platine.
I've had no experience in soldering, learned that by watching a short ytube video.
The spare part cost 2€ in a local electronics shop and it works very good.
From opening the wheel to have it running again took me 30minutes.

Yesterday I've also replaced the downshift switch, it also started to make problems.

As I've heard of this problem (among other quality issues with the G29) from others I thought I'd share my experience here, maybe you want to go the same way.

Here's the little faulty bastard in picture:

http://imgur.com/a/21J1v
21J1v

same problem with G29 here. curiously i can open the wheel up and depress the switch with my finger and it works faultlessly. but reassemble the wheel and even though i still hear the same loud click the gears will not change. back to my G27 while i wait for Logitech to reply i guess. are Thrustmaster a better option these days? their wheel QC was terrible early 2000's

Upvote 0
same problem with G29 here. curiously i can open the wheel up and depress the switch with my finger and it works faultlessly. but reassemble the wheel and even though i still hear the same loud click the gears will not change. back to my G27 while i wait for Logitech to reply i guess. are Thrustmaster a better option these days? their wheel QC was terrible early 2000's

Your problem is not hard to fix. No need to upgrade wheel unless seeking better ffb.
Google around and you'll find various ways to fix the common paddle shifter problem of this line of wheels :)

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I've got a Logitech G29 here which started to make problems somewhere last year.
A paddleshift was missed here and there.
It started with the upshift paddle and got worse over time. A support thread in the logitech forum did not help (a lot of people were complaining about their after sales support there).
As I'm using it quite frequently I also did not want to miss it for I don't know how many weeks a replacement takes.

So I repaired it myself by exchanging the switch on it's platine.
I've had no experience in soldering, learned that by watching a short ytube video.
The spare part cost 2€ in a local electronics shop and it works very good.
From opening the wheel to have it running again took me 30minutes.

Yesterday I've also replaced the downshift switch, it also started to make problems.

As I've heard of this problem (among other quality issues with the G29) from others I thought I'd share my experience here, maybe you want to go the same way.

Here's the little faulty bastard in picture:

21J1v
do i need a specific microswitch or any similar can work? also how do you asemble/disasemble it?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 152 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing