F1 2010 Logitech G27 Remapping controls in notepad

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello everyone i am trying to configure the buttons on my steering wheel as to use the front wing angle adjustments instead of the hat switch.

but i am unsure how to type it

To map you wing, simply copy the line of AxisName :

<Axis axisName = "win_con_di_axisX" deviceName = "Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB" baseCalibration = "biDirectionalLower" deadZone = "0.0" saturation = "1.0"/ ( this is for left )

This is an example from devs camera cockpits he made.

To assign more than one key in example left+left+up and Left+Left+Down but i am unsure how it is written in the format as it would look above any help thanks

Why dont you just use the Logitech Profiler software to reproduce the keystrokes you need for the button you want?

I dont think it is possible to add multiple functions/directions in a particular sequence (eg left+left+up) to a single button in the actionmap.

thanks for the tip i had originally mapped the controls through Custom.

To make it work with my G27 i had to edit the actionmap folder by editing the G27 Profile by copying some text from the keyboard profile and pasting it into the G27 profile so now it works if i want wing up 2+2+1 and wing down 2+2+3 which i have mapped to buttons 5 and 22 on my steering wheel.

To make this work you need to copy:

<!-- Selection / Context Menu actions -->
<Action actionName = "Quick Menu Up" >
<Axis axisName = "win_key_1" deviceName = "Keyboard" baseCalibration = "uniDirectionalPositive" />
<Axis axisName = "win_key_numpad8" deviceName = "Keyboard" baseCalibration = "uniDirectionalPositive" />
</Action>
<Action actionName = "Quick Menu Down" >
<Axis axisName = "win_key_3" deviceName = "Keyboard" baseCalibration = "uniDirectionalPositive" />
<Axis axisName = "win_key_numpad2" deviceName = "Keyboard" baseCalibration = "uniDirectionalPositive" />
</Action>
<Action actionName = "Quick Menu Left" >
<Axis axisName = "win_key_4" deviceName = "Keyboard" baseCalibration = "uniDirectionalPositive" />
<Axis axisName = "win_key_numpad4" deviceName = "Keyboard" baseCalibration = "uniDirectionalPositive" />
</Action>
<Action actionName = "Quick Menu Right" >
<Axis axisName = "win_key_2" deviceName = "Keyboard" baseCalibration = "uniDirectionalPositive" />
<Axis axisName = "win_key_numpad6" deviceName = "Keyboard" baseCalibration = "uniDirectionalPositive" />
</Action>

and then replace the same text in the G27 profile then you can assign the buttons.
Also you can do the same for engine mapping using the three buttons on the left of the steering wheel e.g Fast/Standard/Cruise setting.

Im happy with using the D-pad for my racing menu, but that is probably useful information for someone here!
I must say, the only changes I made to my 'default' G27 actionmap.xml was beacause I like to use the clutch as the brake pedal, and in order to make my apex camera mod work, I have to run the default G27 in-game option so couldnt do an in-game custom setup.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 173 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 169 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.6%