Logitech G27: Is it still on par?

Hello fellow simracers!

I'm closing to my birthday and as I always driven on a controller and slowly getting bored of it, I want to seize the opportunity and join the glorious simrig club.
Thing is, this one isn't quite rich at the moment, but I spotted an ad from a guy not far from home selling a complete G27 (wheel, pedals and shifter) for 120€ (~140$ for our US peers).
Questions are:
- How does it compare to a G29/920? Is it worth the bang for the buck?
- Are there known issues that I should watch out for when I'll go try it?
- Should I wait and save for a better rig?

Thanks for your attention, hopefully I'd make up my mind with a wise decision!
Have a great day! :)

G27 is always worth it. One of the best wheels ever made.

If you can find a G25 in good condition that's an option as well as they are even more durable than the G27.

Upvote 0
The G25/G27/G29 are good entry level wheels. The newer Thrustmaster belt driven wheels are generally considered to give better force feedback but in the UK at least the Logitech products are usually substantially cheaper while offering excellent reliability (my G25 is nine years old and still going strong). The Logitech wheels also offer leather rims and a decent 3 pedal setup. The pedals are something often overlooked but don't make this mistake.

The G29 has an improved brake pedal over the G27 but lacks a shifter as standard. I would guess the G29 is normally more than 120 Euros. But black Friday is coming up (do you have that in Euroland?). In the UK the G29 has been available pretty cheaply when on sale.

Upvote 0
Thanks to both of you for the quick feedbacks!
David, what do you mean by pedals being overlooked? Is there any issue I should be careful about, and if so, what to do about it?
Regarding the G29, all the used units I found so far weren't cheaper than 200€, and these didn't have the shifter... On some sites I could find new ones with shifter for barely 300€. But that's way above my budget...

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 188 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing