Logitech G27 countersteers on itself. Defect or normal? (YOUTUBE VIDEO)

My wheel countersteers on itself. I'm not sure if that's normal or it's defect but it feel very unnatural because when I oversteer with my car in real life my wheels never does such a thing. Maybe I just have to get used to this or should I get different wheel? Start watching from 0:23

Thanks, another question, do you drive it the way it is or is it better to try to reduce the FFB in order to decrease or get rid of that. If that's okay and everyone drive this way then I'm just going to get used to this.

You shouldn't do what every other person is doing (argumentum ad numerum) - especially the FFB feel is very individual.
The force of the countersteer increases with FFB strenght. The FFB force you want to feel and correspondingly the percentage you set in the options are subjective and really your personal choice.
A choice between more counter force and more feel and on the other hand smoothness and easier drivability.
You also have to keep in mind not to fatigue your arms and wrists while test driving 2h or during a 20+ lap race.
Mine is 53% driving the Z4 GT3 on normal tracks and 50% on the Nordschleife. 55% for the 12C GT3 for more feel.
The percentage of FFB also differs with the wheel - I have a Fanatec GT3 RS V2, yours is going to be different.
I for one ignore most of the FFB options in AC - have them at 0%, albeit Filter at 1% to sort out micro stutters from the wheel.

I have the exact opposite of this issue, my G27 won't automatically go to the opposite lock at all, i need to manually go to opposite lock to drift
Sounds like you have too much "damper" applied or the center spring (center spring will always go the the straight position and against this kind of auto-countersteer).
Or too low ffb overall!

If you want to test around with my settings which are in my opinion quite good for the G27 (I spent over 50 hours into this), click on my profile and go to my downloads :)

If you need further help with this just ask!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 220 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%