Logitech g25

R

rajivthecarnut

• rajivthecarnut

I have a logitech g25 wheel which i have used on my ps2 without full functionality of the h shifter and clutch. I would like to experience the full functionality by any means short of purchasing a ps3 and gt prologue, and hopefully on the game racer. I am on a mac don't know how to setup the racing wheel with the game racer. any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

As far as I know, you can't use full functionnalities of logitech's wheel (as well as other recent wheels), they haven't done it OS X compliant. In order to use H shifter and stuff, you'll have to install Racer under Wine or Windows XP through Bootcamp… The good point is that you'll be able to play with Racer's last bêtas. ;)

Cheers

• rajivthecarnut

I opened Racer for windows with wine but the game doesn't run and i got an error saying can't open Qlog. i then downloaded racer mac but that doesn't even detect the wheel. By the way citronized if youre running racer under wine i could use some instructions if youre willing.

• rajivthecarnut

Citronized, i'm just trying to get it to work with racer, and i also looked at the thread you linked to but coudn't find anthing about the qlog error. Any help would be great.

Would it be possible to have a car.ini send info to the G25 drivers, to say set the steering lock?

Ie, the F458 Ferrari has 720deg, but to set it I have to edit the config in controllers in windows, to 720deg. Would be cool if the car.ini could do it on supported wheels somehow :D

Dave

Would it be possible to have a car.ini send info to the G25 drivers, to say set the steering lock?

Ie, the F458 Ferrari has 720deg, but to set it I have to edit the config in controllers in windows, to 720deg. Would be cool if the car.ini could do it on supported wheels somehow :D

Dave

I think the Logitech SDK allows that (same SDK that is used for turning on the LEDs on the G27). I might have a look at that after v0.9; it's something I'd want on our high-end steering systems as well (which are infinitely multi-turn).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 218 14.2%