I'm having trouble calibrating the wheel in the game. I've come across several user guides on Steam forums and others and they seem too floaty or too stiff. This is my venture into playing simulation games and I would like to finish Autosport before moving on to Stock Car Extreme. I enjoy having a lot of wheel weight but find wheel strength to be inaccurate and frustrating despite it being necessary in "feeling the bumps and grooves" of the road.

Any feedback from G25 users who prefer heavy force feedback and responsive steering would be appreciated.

Current settings that are tolerable and feel much better than stock:

Global Device Settings tab
Overall Effects Strength 70%
Spring Effect Strength 100%
Damper Effect Strength 0%

Centering Spring Strength 0%

Degrees Of Rotation 900° degrees

All checkboxes are unticked.

IN GAME SETTINGS
Options -> Controls -> Advanced Options

Steering Deadzone 0%
Steering Saturation 60%
Steering Linerarity -4
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 100%
Brake Deadzone 0%
Brake Saturation 100%

Options -> Vibration settings

Vibration ON
Vibration Strength 60%
Wheel Strength 80%
Wheel Weight 80%

Hello to all,
I purchased the Touring Legends DLC pack for $12.99 (gag) from the in-game store and downloaded it. I got the two cars and the two tracks. We both purchase a new Cosworth right away. From day one myself and a friend who bought at the same time have not been able to play online with ANY of the Touring Legends DLC. We have only been able to use it in Custom Cup and Extra Championships. I still have not been able to sort out the unplayable issue online. I create a race, select "Allow Downloadable Content", then invite Friend. At this point we are both in the lobby and I am able to select the Cosworth, but friend gets message "Don't own this DLC Content" ....something to that effect when he selects car. Vice-Versa when he is host. We are just trying to do some one lap level up car stuff. We have no other issues with all the other DLC packages.

I have learned to live with this for now as I just can't get it sorted, but last night was the final straw which is why I am making this post. I saw that Racenet had the Cosworth in the Touring Challenge, so I thought OK, I will now get a chance to at least level up the Cosworth. WRONG!.....All it shows for cars in this weeks Touring RNC is two loaners, a Cosworth and Nissan, even though I have purchased the Cosworth for $95,000, I think) from Day One, and it is shown in "My Vehicles" I sold the Cosworth back to the game and repurchased it to see if that would work, but still shows only two loaners,instead of one owned Cosworth, a loaner Cosworth, and a loaner Nissan. I experimented to see if I could use the Nissan if I bought it, and yes, it shows up in "My Vehicles", and am able to use it in RNC. It now shows one loaner Cosworth, one loaner Nissan, and owned Nissan, but no owned Cosworth. The purchased Cosworth is simply not recognized as owned in the Challenge, only in "My Vehicles."

I have rebooted the 360, as well as re-downloaded the Touring Legends DLC pack twice. My friend purchased the Cosworth and was able to use it in the Touring RNC this week featuring the Cosworth and Nissan.
I am miffed at what, if anything I am doing wrong. It really burns me up to have paid $13 for this pack and am unable to use it in online racing and Racenet, which leaves it in a position of unable to upgrade (level up) Any help would be much appreciated. Platform is xbox360. Thank you.

Last edited:
Ok, i have created this tread to ask you a question. I downloaded this game to play splitscreen, Before i downloaded GRID 2, i saw that the car dropped many smoke, and i liked it, but in the new one, GRID AutoSport, the cars dont drop any smoke... and I want to have many smoke, like in GRID 2... if it would be possible...

Thanks

I just finished my first hour in this game (first season in Touring cars). Yes AIs are fast and they are brutal on track. However, the point is not to win the race right from the beginning in your first season. You need to try your best, work hard, accumulate exp, and level up. Don't worry about not getting 1st place. Battle with them and enjoy.

At least that's how I understand the game at the moment.

BTW make full use of your practice and quali.

Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz) @ 4.2 GHz
8 GB DDR3-1600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 OC x2 (SLI)
Microsoft Windows 10 (x64)

I use maximum settings @ 2560x1440.

FRAPS tells me the in-game benchmark never drops below 90 FPS.

The benchmark results show my average framerate is around 55 FPS.

I get screen tearing, whether I enable vsync in-game or via. the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Any ideas?

Sorry, didn't notice he header above. As Stefan says, the AI is brutal; in line with the Grid format. What's most frustrating is their blind aggressiveness. Be sure to participate in all Racenet Challenges that your garage stock has cars classed for. No need to win this race either, just get gold or even platinum for leveling purposes. I don't play much Grid: Autosport anymore due to not wanting to form bad driving habits (in regard to other sims) and the upshift over-rev was over-frustrating.

i have earlier version helmet here it is
I'm curious, why are all the helmets on Grid Autosports for the PC version have black blank helmets. You can really only notice it when you're racing the open wheel cars. I know that this is primarily a exclusive problem for the PC version, and not on the any of the console versions. I can't find any fixes over the internet outside, and inside of Race Department for this either for the PC version. Can somebody help me out with this problem? Please? I've searched high and low, and can't find anything. I've even search the files with the Ryder PSSG Editor program, and I still can't find anything. I feel like this is a screw up on Codemasters be half, but still I'm sure their is a fix somewhere out there.

I experienced the same thing ..
so the helmet from the grid earlier versions can fix this ..
here the file https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/black-helmet-pc-version-fix.38652/

Last edited:
Hello everyone.
I just bought the game Grid Autosport on DVD. After a clean and consistent, so mandatory installation with "Steam", there is not a new folder "Codemasters" in my computer, but I can play the game without any problems.
Could you explain how I should proceed for physically settle the game with all its data in a computer so that I can finally put all your beautiful skins ?
Thanks for your help.
PS: very strange, no problem with DiRT3, everything was easier.

Hi guys,
i used an old pc with less power so i built a new one.Now here i cant use my thrustmaster t500rs on Grid autosport.it doesnt even detect it.Like when u go to choose preset in the controls u can't see t500rs overthere.it worked fine before.ihave installed and uninstalled several time and downloaded others too but no effect
help will be appreciated guys thnx.

well yeah idk what i should do...everytime i play grid autosport with my wheel (Logitech DFGT)

i have huge laggs ingame(steering turned off and ffb freaks out)

its undriveable for me how it is i dont have the problem with keyboard play

somebody have an advice what should i do?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%