Logitech G25 - Replacement pots - where and what type?

Hi there. I wanted to clean my pedals today and I read a post from someone on another forum that I could use WD40 to clean the pots. After having read on a few other websites, I realise that this was a huge mistake so can anyone tell me what pots I would specifically need for a G25 and where would be a good place to get them (preferably Irish, UK or European dealer). My pedals are working perfectly now but just when they start playing up, I'd like to replace the pots then. Thank you.

Hey Tariq. For g25/g27 pedals, I would recommend:

Resistance 10.0KΩ
Power 0.5W, 1/2W

As for where to buy them, it is completely up to you. There are plenty of places online to find pots. Some are more expensive than others. I know when I bought mine though, I had to cut down the shafts to make them fit.

With a little searching, I found this site that sells identical size and spec replacement pots for Logitech pedals.

http://www.thesimshop.com/

That is a little on the expensive side, but you get to just throw them in there without having to modify them in anyway and just know they work.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Evan;

As someone that hasn`t had to replace the pots in my pedals yet (touch wood), is your recommendation a direct replacement?

I only ask because i seem to remember something about upgraded pots for G25 and if your having to replace them anyway, might aswell get something better and longer lasting, eh?

Upvote 0
Personally, I would get better pots, as I did. I was not able to find the same shaft length on a good pot so I ended up having to saw part of the shaft off to get it to fit.

Now, I do not know if those are the exact same pots that the pedals use, or if they are better pots that just have the same specs and same shaft length. The wording "direct replacement" is kind of a non descriptive statement.

Either way, I would try to find a higher quality pot with the same specs, modification required or not.

Upvote 0
103870-1000 10K/70 0940 these are the references numbers showing on the pot.

http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836X/ here you can find also a pot you can use.

http://www1.conrad.nl/scripts/wgate/zcop_nl3/~flNlc3Npb249UDkwX05MX0IyQzpDX0FHQVRFMDY6MDAwMC4wMDNjLjM4Y2QyNzEwJn5odHRwX2NvbnRlbnRfY2hhcnNldD1pc28tODg1OS0xJn5TdGF0ZT0xMzA0NzkxNjUx====?~template=PCAT_AREA_S_BROWSE&mfhelp=&p_selected_area=%24ROOT&p_selected_area_fh=&perform_special_action=&glb_user_js=Y&shop=NL2&vgl_artikel_in_index=&product_show_id=&p_page_to_display=DirektSearch&~cookies=1&zhmmh_lfo=&zhmmh_area_kz=&s_haupt_kategorie=&p_searchstring=potmeter&p_searchstring_artnr=&p_searchstring_manufac_artnr=&p_search_category=alle&fh_directcall=&r3_matn=&insert_kz=&gvlon=&area_s_url=&brand=&amount=&new_item_quantity=&area_url=&direkt_aufriss_area=&p_countdown=&p_80=&p_80_category=&p_80_article=&p_next_template_after_login=&mindestbestellwert=&login=&password=&bpemail=&bpid=&url=&show_wk=&use_search=3&p_back_template=&template=&kat_save=&updatestr=&vgl_artikel_in_vgl=&titel=&darsteller=&regisseur=&anbieter=&genre=&fsk=&jahr=&jahr2=&dvd_error=X&dvd_empty_error=X&dvd_year_error=&call_dvd=&kna_news=&p_status_scenario=&documentselector=&aktiv=&gewinnspiel=&p_load_area=$ROOT&p_artikelbilder_mode=&p_sortopt=&page=&p_catalog_max_results=20

here is a onlinestore.

And make sure you take a metal one, and it should be linear. lin.

Upvote 0
I was under the impression that a higher quality pot gives better resolution(if I am using the term correctly) and a more linear measure of input from the pedal. I replaced my brake for a Perfect Pedal and use the clutch rarely so I wouldn't need a new pot there. But I think a more linear throttle could be useful, no?

Am I on the right track here? Because I want that pot.

Upvote 0
I was under the impression that a higher quality pot gives better resolution(if I am using the term correctly) and a more linear measure of input from the pedal. I replaced my brake for a Perfect Pedal and use the clutch rarely so I wouldn't need a new pot there. But I think a more linear throttle could be useful, no?

Its actually the input controller that sets the 'resolution', but a better quality pot will certainly 'act' in a more linear way than a cheap/worn unit. The beter quality pots will also LAST far longer. If you want more 'resolution' (a good thing!) it would be easily acheived with one of Leo Bodnars USB pedal controllers for G25/7 and DF pedals here: http://www.leobodnar.com/products/DFPG25conn/ Worth cosidering at it would make the most of your perfect pedal and improve the clutch/throttle too. I would change ALL the pots for high quality ones tbh, not alot of money and would make the pedals very reliable and accurate too :)

Upvote 0
Short term Tariq you can swap the pedals round if you need to, my throttle pot is on the way out so I swapped it with the clutch pedal which I hardly use, it's easy to do just remember to swap the springs so you use the original throttle spring with the new throttle pedal, just a bit of wire re-routing is needed and you are done.

Upvote 0
Its actually the input controller that sets the 'resolution', but a better quality pot will certainly 'act' in a more linear way than a cheap/worn unit. The beter quality pots will also LAST far longer. If you want more 'resolution' (a good thing!) it would be easily acheived with one of Leo Bodnars USB pedal controllers for G25/7 and DF pedals here: http://www.leobodnar.com/products/DFPG25conn/ Worth cosidering at it would make the most of your perfect pedal and improve the clutch/throttle too. I would change ALL the pots for high quality ones tbh, not alot of money and would make the pedals very reliable and accurate too :)

So how does this work Brian? It looks like the end of the pedal cord plug that originally goes to the wheel connects to a new cable and then turns into a USB. So does the new USB plug not connect back to wheel? Where does it go?

Upvote 0
That's what I thought. Now I could plug the pedals straight in my PS3 in another USB port. Will my PS3 recognize the pedals that way?

Ahhhh! Pooop, I forgot, your a PS3 racer...... Wont work on the good ol PS3, sorry dude, I remember now, you said in previous posts your a PS3 man. The higher quality pots are still a good idea, but the Leo bodnar board is only good for PC :-(

Upvote 0
Also using USB for the pedals seems to make the wheel better as well, don't know why but all of us that tried with and without Leos little box and there is a definate improvement, so it's win win all round if you race on the PC. Well worth the money IMO.

Upvote 0
So you are saying that by using that device and having the pedals connect direct to a USB port will make the pedals work better, or only if you upgrade the pots to better pots?

Upvote 0
Hmmm, may have to look into getting that little unit then to see how much my pedals improve. I have been having issues with throttle response from the pedals of my DFP and would like the throttle to work better. This might be the answer I am looking for in the short term.

Appreciate your response on that Will.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%