Logitech G25 or G27 ? And worth buying 2nd hand ?

At the moment I have a Thrustmaster GT 430 Wireless wheel, which I bought because it is extremely easy to set up. No wires and it is a wheel and wheel stand in one. It is also very stable and I enjoy racing with it. However it has no FFB. When I bought it I thought that I wouldn't miss that, but now I do.

Now I am thinking about buying a Logitech G25 or G27, although I first have to try selling the Thrustmaster which apparently is not so easy, and maybe a Fanatec wheel stand or a Wheelstand Pro.

What I would like to know is if it is worth to look for a 2nd hand one. Is it very risky ? Of course I will only buy one when I can try and test it but are there things to pay extra attention to ?

And should I look for a G25 or a G27 or is not much difference ?

As far as getting them used, I have bought five used logitech wheels and never had an issue. None broke, just some have gone to friends and family. I have noticed that my well used g25 doesn't seem quite as smooth or quiet as a friends, and when I got a dfgt for a family member that it felt slightly better than my well used dfgt I had at the time. Both of those cases the difference from one wheel to another was marginal though. I personally would recommend a wheel with 900 degrees rotation and force feedback. In the future when I replace my current g25 I plan on another used wheel most likely. The cost savings for me has offset any negatives. Just be patient and you can find a good deal.

Upvote 0
Meanwhile I already ordered the Fanatec Rennsport wheel stand. I was doubting between this and the Wheel Stand Pro, but from some reviews I learned that the Fanatec is more stable and heavier.

Now I have to look for a wheel. As I already wrote, I am thinking about a 2nd hand Logitech G25 or 27. But another option would be a new Driving Force GT, which would cost about the same as a used G25/27. I don't need a H shifter which is included with the G27 and/or the clutch pedal from both the G25 and 27.

Could you give me your advice/opinion ?

Upvote 0
The dfgt is also a good wheel IMO and the wheel and the force feedback are not too lacking compared to the g25 IMO. While the g25 may not have much better force feedback, it is a little smoother, leather and feels less toy like. The pedals are nicer on the g25/27. Besides the clutch the brake is the biggest difference. It has about three times the resistance and makes the braking just a little easier to be consistent. The g25 won't make someone faster, but possibly just a touch more consistent. Although you can modify the pedals on any of the wheels for a little more resistance and that could possibly help. Personally I would rather pay about the same or a little more for a used g25/27 than a new dfgt. If you find a used wheel of either type in normal shape and at a good price you could always sell it later and get most of you money back if you wanted. When I had the dfgt I remember thinking it was the best $40 I had ever spent as it transformed games into sims, well now that sim racing has become a bigger interest/hobby for me I am really glad to have the g25 and am really glad I got it as I almost didn't. I don't think you will go wrong with either! If you think you will get into sim racing more seriously or long term you may want to start with the g25/27 as many end up upgrading in the future anyways. If you are more casual you can still be competitive and have a quality racing experience. I hope this helps some! Remember this is just my opinion.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years