Logitech G25 missing shifter - options?

Hi! I've just started my journey into sim racing - I've played various racing games over the years, from Microprose's GP2 to F1 2018, but always with a controller/joystick. I've purchased a Logitech G25 to get started, I know its an old model but I figured I didn't want to splash out and find out I don't play with it. The G25 wheel, paddles and pedals are good, but I've now realised that its missing the shifter. Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement? I've seen G29/920 shifters but I'm not sure if they are backwards compatible with the G25?

Can anyone offer any solutions?

Cheers,

For the price of a G27 shifter + Bodnar adapter I'd say:
sell the G25 you have now and buy another second hand G25 including the shifter.
I never heard about the shifters failing. Redvaliant seems to have a different set of experience though.

Or maybe you can sell the G25 and get a G27 with shifter :)

Upvote 0
The G25 shifter is a better logi shifter than the other two - it has a sequential mode as well as H gate. My experience with one for 9 years or so was the shifter started to mis shifts or jump out of gear after 5 years or so. I fixed the connectors about 5 times with solder and a prayer. It was a a common problem with the G25 shifters. The G27 would be my pick for a good cheap logi wheel,

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies so far! I've just received my second G25 setup, so now I have two steering wheels, two sets of pedals, one shifter, and one power supply! So I'll need another power supply, any recommendations?
My plan was to use a steering wheel and pedals without a shifter, but when I load F1 2018 for instance, the keyboard and mouse wont let me select any options (they just don't respond). I think the PC thinks the shifter is there, is there a way to disable it as an option? Cheers

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 339 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing