Logitech G25 / G27 settings for RACE 07

Hey guys,

I have managed to buy Race ON and STCC 2 along with my GTR Evo copy. :) Problem I have now is setting everything up. I have a G25 and I know it needs to be tweaked on the profiler and in game. Anyone, preferably the fast drivers :D have any settings that could share? Both Logitech profiler and in game.

I am looking to race on GT cars from Evo and all the Touring cars available(Race ON, Race 07, STCC 2, etc..). I need settings for these classes. Any help would be much appreciated. Im looking forward to start my PC sim racing career. :D

So yeah, in-game you have in the options the controller menu right ? From there you have a few different "pages" with different settings... One has sensitivities, deadzones and a few other things... See if deadzone for the steering is activated (A certain %)

In the profiler you click on "steering wheel" and then on "axis properties", you should have "deadzone" :)

Ah ok I see.. I must have missed it while going through the options. Thanks for the help.

Just went to the menu. All deadzone values are at 0%.

Going to check the profiler now.

Deadzone at 0%. Sensitivity at 50% and range at 100%. Seems everything is normal. I don't know where is that deadzone coming from then...

You should look for "FFB guide v1_0 by juls" at Nogripracing. Have a read and adjust the force Feedback to your taste.
And if you want to have any effects of the ingame settings you need to tick the "allow game to change settings" box in the profiler, otherwise none of the ingame settings will change a thing.
I personally feel the best FFB response around a steering lock ratio of 12:1 (i run 430:18 on open wheeler,540:22 GT and WTCC).

I have a G27 so everything i say is based on that

I think the steering ratio depends a lot on the car you are driving

Here is a list that i use to setup steering ratio for different cars
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/488/carfactsguide.jpg

The formula is: Steering Degress / 2 / Steering Ratio = Steering Lock

Ex: BMW M3 E30 (WTCC 87)

Steering Degrees (on logitech profiler) = 900
Steering Ratio (in real car) = 19.6 : 1
900 / 2 / 19.6 = 22.9

So in car setup i just change Steering Lock to 23 (22.9) and i get the real car steering ratio:)

About the FFB its really very personal choice ... like Ross said too much FFB it will introduce oscillation and make it difficult ... but also more realistic i think (never drove any of this cars so cant really tell)

I personally have Steering Force at :eek: 200 at the moment ... and i never had such fun driving in this game ... i never felt loosing the more subtle affects ... and the driving real feels alive! ... but i admit it makes me slower most of the times ...

Wow, thanks Jorge. I am now used to my settings, but I'll give your guide a try.

Had a problem with my PC, it wouldnt read the Wi fi adapter.:confused: Got it fixed yesterday and jumped into the game. I increased the steering sensitivity to 80% and it is more responsive. Much better now. Still needs a few tweaks, but feels almost the way I want it.

I did a few laps with the Chevy Cruze from STCC2010 and I hit a 1.46.5. Didn't do much to the setup of the car, I think high 45s are possible. How slow is this? :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75626981@N07/6935628825/
I centered the wheel and it shows that it is a little to the right. On straight, I cant have the wheel straight, I must turn it a bit to keep the car straight.

On the profiler I have the same settings that Bram posted.
540 degrees
100 overall effects
0 spring effects
0 damper effects

What am I doing wrong this time? :( No deadzones activated, sensitivity at 50 everywhere.

Should have used the edit button. Sorry for double post. :D

Edit: Got it fixed, just needed to restart the computer. Weird...

Two of the best sims for G27 are GTR evo/simbin and Game Stock Car, don't worry, you'll be happy.
Your so right i love it, great feel and quality, hardly changed alot though and im happy. :)

Ingame steering lock at 15.5

96084711.jpg

2012030300001.jpg

2012030300002.jpg

Hi there are my G27 settings but they will work for the G25 just fine. Remember that in the game setup screen to set your steerlock to 23 degrees.

smd06f.jpg
Hey Bram,
Thanks for posting this, i'm usually competative at any racing game, however race 07 i have lacked... i thought the rotation would be too much for me, but tried it with 23 degree in game as you said. Brilliant the cars behaves as i expect and i just found 2 seconds.
Thanks a lot man

Can anyone help me having a problem with profiler?
The profiler can't run the exe file i think because of the steam who wants to run the game from a url file .The problem is that the profiler doesn't see these files so it can't run and start the game.If anyone knows how to fix this i will appreciate it.Thanks in advance

By the way 560 deg of rotation works perfectly with 20 deg steering lock in raceroom experience for g27. I have tried also the 400 deg wich is good to. 900 deg need bigger eforts.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back