Logitech G25 and now?

Hello guys,

I own my G25 for at least 6 or 7 years and now I would like to upgrade the whole kit.
I have the chance to get a brand new G29 for ~180€. I think it would be a good deal........
But is it worth to upgrade from G25 to a G29?

I would like to upgrade the wheel and the pedals. I don´t need an additional shifter atm.
My actual limit is ~300-400€.

Another possibility is to keep the G25 pedals and to buy only a new wheel. What do you think?

I really hope you can help me :)
Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
G25/27/29 are all the same.
You'd only get a nicer rim and a slightly less noisy ffb experience but same strength, deadzone etc etc.

T300 feels a lot better but has a kinda loud active fan imo and isn't as strong as some would expect and lacks a bit of punch.

Ts-pc is awesome, had one for a week. I went for a csw 2.5 in the end though.

Csl elite is also nice but I'd prefer the ts-pc over it. The csl elite got more settings to play around but in the end you can't really get a better experience from it anyway compared to the ts-pc.

G25 pedals are totally fine. Only upgrade would be fanatec pedals or even more expensive ones.

My advice: get a t300 or ts-pc depending on the prices for your region. Ts-pc is a significant step up though. But costs quite a lot more and also comes without pedals!

So you have 3 possibilities:
T300 + the pedals it comes with (not as good as g25 pedals) and selling the g25 (it's good to have a backup though!).

T300 + g25 pedals and then either try a converter to plug the g25 pedals into the t300 or buy the leo Bodnar USB adapter.
Or, what I did for some weeks: use the g25 without power cable. The pedals will work fine, the wheel will be dead. The wheel is a USB pass-through basically.

Or ts-pc + g25 pedals. (connection converter didn't work with the ts-pc I had though! So unplugged g25 or Leo Bodnar adapter will be needed.)

Upvote 0
G25/27/29 are all the same.
You'd only get a nicer rim and a slightly less noisy ffb experience but same strength, deadzone etc etc.

T300 feels a lot better but has a kinda loud active fan imo and isn't as strong as some would expect and lacks a bit of punch.

Ts-pc is awesome, had one for a week. I went for a csw 2.5 in the end though.

Csl elite is also nice but I'd prefer the ts-pc over it. The csl elite got more settings to play around but in the end you can't really get a better experience from it anyway compared to the ts-pc.

G25 pedals are totally fine. Only upgrade would be fanatec pedals or even more expensive ones.

My advice: get a t300 or ts-pc depending on the prices for your region. Ts-pc is a significant step up though. But costs quite a lot more and also comes without pedals!

So you have 3 possibilities:
T300 + the pedals it comes with (not as good as g25 pedals) and selling the g25 (it's good to have a backup though!).

T300 + g25 pedals and then either try a converter to plug the g25 pedals into the t300 or buy the leo Bodnar USB adapter.
Or, what I did for some weeks: use the g25 without power cable. The pedals will work fine, the wheel will be dead. The wheel is a USB pass-through basically.

Or ts-pc + g25 pedals. (connection converter didn't work with the ts-pc I had though! So unplugged g25 or Leo Bodnar adapter will be needed.)
Agree for sure the pedals, at least for the price bracket Logitech got it right. Pedals only really help consistency and trailbraking when you increase price

Upvote 0
thanks a lot for your feedback!!
Maybe someone can tell me where is the difference between these two wheels?
- Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition
- Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral

I know that the T300 Ferrari got an alcantara wheel. But is there any other difference?

Upvote 0
thanks a lot for your feedback!!
Maybe someone can tell me where is the difference between these two wheels?
- Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition
- Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral

I know that the T300 Ferrari got an alcantara wheel. But is there any other difference?
Only the different rim and different pedal faces :)
And a different price of course.

Seeing you're from Germany like me I see now that you wanted to grab the G29/920 from the prime day sale?
Anyway, if you can: Get the TS-PC racer. It really is a completely different league in comparison to the T300.
Or if you need a round rim and really couldn't live with the openwheel of the ts-pc:
Get the CSL Elite from Fanatec.
They are based in Germany too and I already had to RMA a potentiometer and my mclaren rim. Both was replaced within 3 weekdays!
The horror stories are mostly only from other countries. The csl has basically the same level of ffb but comes with a round rim :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Only the different rim and different pedal faces :)
And a different price of course.

Seeing you're from Germany like me I see now that you wanted to grab the G29/920 from the prime day sale?
Anyway, if you can: Get the TS-PC racer. It really is a completely different league in comparison to the T300.
Or if you need a round rim and really couldn't live with the openwheel of the ts-pc:
Get the CSL Elite from Fanatec.
They are based in Germany too and I already had to RMA a potentiometer and my mclaren rim. Both was replaced within 3 weekdays!
The horror stories are mostly only from other countries. The csl has basically the same level of ffb but comes with a round rim :)

It’s Thrustmaster (poor quality control issues.)

My Logitech g27 hasn’t missed a beat,I have tried a Thrustmaster wheel,it lasted a few months (I am a very soft racer,don’t abuse the wheel with ott ffb)also long ago I bought an expensive Thrustmaster Cougar hotas,it was broken out of the box.

Have a very sour taste in the mouth about Thrustmaster.

Upvote 0
It’s Thrustmaster (poor quality control issues.)

My Logitech g27 hasn’t missed a beat,I have tried a Thrustmaster wheel,it lasted a few months (I am a very soft racer,don’t abuse the wheel with ott ffb)also long ago I bought an expensive Thrustmaster Cougar hotas,it was broken out of the box.

Have a very sour taste in the mouth about Thrustmaster.
I had a thrustmaster ffb wheel as a kid. 1998-2019, still working. No driver though so I couldn't really use it anymore but the ffb was still good.
I've heard people having their t300 since it came out etc.

It's hit and miss, sadly... With fanatec I had to rma my throttle pot after 3 weeks, my mclaren rim got miss shifts after one week of usage and now my brake pot is spiking too...
But the base is of good quality I think :)

Upvote 0
I’ve seen those tx pc wheels opened up by the gent on Sim Racing Garage,for what you spend,800 here in Australia,they are really worth 100 looking at the internals.

800 on a gamble,no thanks.

Upvote 0
It's hit and miss, sadly...

Very true, you can find reports of problems with most hardware, if you look around.
However, the most important issue (to me) is how these failures are handled by the suppliers / manufacturers.
Sadly, based on my experience, the backup service from Thrustmaster with my TS-PC issue was horrible.
I'm a lot more confident that my Fanatec Wheel is backed by reputable support.

Upvote 0
You are both in Australia though, things might be very different!
Here we have Amazon.de which has the best consumer service when it comes to electronics.
Had a gpu failure a week before end of warranty and got the choice of getting my money back or receiving a new one.
Then I had 30 days to send them my broken one back.

Same with wheels. As long as it's "sold and shipped by Amazon" you're good.

Also thrustmaster afaik has repair locations in France so pretty short distances, within 48 hours by all shipping services.
So you deal with Amazon for the warranty period and with thrustmaster directly afterwards.

With fanatec you get a guaranteed failure at some point but they at least have most stuff ready for you to buy outside of the warranty and shipping only takes 24 hours.

I think you guys in Australia have a tough time and I'm sorry for you. Prices look pretty high too!

To give you an overview about prices here in Germany:
G29: 220€
T300: 260/319/367€ (2 pedals, 3 pedals, Ferrari rim + 3 pedals)
Ts-pc: 501€
Csl elite with p1 rim: 499€ + 7€ shipping
Csw 2.5 without a rim: 549€
Csw 2.5 with p1 rim and 2-pedal set: 699€ (which I have)

Upvote 0
I went G25 -> t300RS Ferrari Alcantara. Its a world of a difference.

About reliability, your mileage may vary of course. Mine has been going for 3 years now, and the people who race against me can't really say I go easy on it. Original cooling fan too!.

Good luck

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%