Logitech Driving Force Pro Pedals buggered?

I've had a DFP for a few months now, and it was working fine up until this morning. I just turned on my PC as normal, it fired up the wheel's calibration and all was OK. I then tried to play Race 07, and the accelerator just wasn't working properly.

I went into the game controllers thing where you can see the positions of the various switches (in windows), and it was showing that when I pressed the accelerator, nothing happened, but when I pressed the brake it would work the brake normally. However, when pressing the brake it would also send the accelerator up to full throttle and I could do nothing about it.

I have no idea what's causing this, I tried without the Logitech software running and it still had the same issue. Is it time for me to send this wheel to it's plasticy grave?

I've had something similar to this on a set of G25 pedals. The problem there was with the cable, just as it entered the pedal housing. The wires internally had frayed and become damaged, and a couple of the wires were shorting out. Before you take the pedal unit apart to check you might just want to check the calibration as you move the cable around a bit.

Good luck

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mostly cleaning the potmeters inside will give your pedals a second life.
It fatty inside the potmeter, and because the pedals are on the ground they collect dust easely.
Open the pedals, find the potmeter, open it.. clean it, put it togther again.
If your potmeters are beyond repair you could order some replacements for just a few euro's.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 203 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing