F1 2011 Logitech Driving Force™ GT Opinions

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm interested to know how PC user's have their button configuration laid out on the GT driving force pro wheel for the F! 2011 game.
I know everyone has the own way and preference but it would be interesting to see how various ppl configure their wheel.
Anyone care to share?

I've got this wheel with PS3. Its reasonably priced and it does everything it is supposed to do. I can't see paying $300(more than the price of the PS3 itself) for a wheel that I am going to clamp on to a table top which is what most people do.

I have the DFGT for the pc, very happy with it.

My settings:
DPAD = quick menu (fuel mix & tyres)
X = look back
Square = Status
Circle = Kers
Triangle = DRS

R2 = Camera
L2 = instant replay

R3 = look right
L3 = Look left

I'm interested to know how PC user's have their button configuration laid out on the GT driving force pro wheel for the F! 2011 game.
I know everyone has the own way and preference but it would be interesting to see how various ppl configure their wheel.
Anyone care to share?

All at default except :-

I moved KERS to L2 (Circle button is now currently unmapped, I don't use replay or flashbacks, so haven't a use for it yet)
ESC/Menu onto Gear Stick Forward (button 14?)
Look Left & Look Right Unmapped as I use TrackIR 5
Middle Button (the horn), is mapped via the Logitech Profiler to start recording with Playclaw/Fraps

I moved KERS because it's awkward to deploy KERS on the default button (for right thumb) and manually upshift the gears on the right paddle. As KERS is only used during acceleration and my right hand is busy on the paddle, my left hand is essentially inactive at that time, so mapping KERS to L2 means that my left thumb (which naturally rests on the steering 'centre crossbar', is just moved to the right a bit to engage KERS.

I think the throttle is too sensitive, and I can't seem to find an ideal setting for my driving style with TC off, but I'll just persist with it until my right foot gets used to it ..... or I run out of tyres :wink:

I think the throttle is too sensitive, and I can't seem to find an ideal setting for my driving style with TC off, but I'll just persist with it until my right foot gets used to it ..... or I run out of tyres :wink:

Same here. From what I have seen this affects a number of Logitech wheels.

Momo
Driving Force
Formula Force (the wheel I have)

Apart from getting a big dead zone with the default settings, which is easily removed by re-mapping the pedals.

It seems when you use the throttle & brake pedal most of the force is applied at the first bit of input, rather than a steady force all the way through.

We need to be able to change the linearity of the pedals. I have fiddlled to death with the various pedal settings & cannot get them working to any satisfaction. I can just about cope with it in the dry, but once you get rain, it makes the game unplayable. Didnt have this problem in F1 2010

Edit, pinched this image from a post on the CM forum (which was talking about something else but it still applies)

258193224.jpg

Ideally the throttle & brake should work on the straight line in the middle, but I seem to get the "Before 50%" response from my throttle & brake, & I have no otpion for changing my linearity.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back