Logi G29 FFB Problem Returns........Inverted Forces

Downloaded and installed the new DLC LeMans 24h circuit (and RF2 also did it's most current update) tonight and now I find that a previous problem that I had with FFB for my Logi G29 wheel has returned. :mad:

Specifically, the FFB forces are reversed! I tried the solution outlined in post #2 in this thread (Thanks, Martin). Although it worked for me a few months ago, it's not working now. The forces stay reversed no matter what the value (+ or -).

The specific file I'm editing is "Rfactor2 > Userdata > Controller > Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB,json". BTW, reloading the G29's preset in the Controls screens also results in inverted FFB forces.

Can someone help me out with straightening out the forces on my G29?

Thanks!

"Rfactor2 > Userdata > Controller > Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB,json"
This is only the preset, not the actually active file.
The actually active file would be //steamapps-> rfactor2 - > userdata - > controller.json

There you will find the same line. Edit it from negative to positive, save the changes and start rF2 again.
You have to quit rF2 and the launcher before editing.
BTW, reloading the G29's preset in the Controls screens also results in inverted FFB forces.
This is very strange. It either means that you're loading the wrong preset or that the preset somehow is broken and doesn't load like it's supposed to do.

Please try to change the controller.json directly without loading any presets again.

This is only the preset, not the actually active file.
The actually active file would be //steamapps-> rfactor2 - > userdata - > controller.json

There you will find the same line. Edit it from negative to positive, save the changes and start rF2 again.
You have to quit rF2 and the launcher before editing.

This is very strange. It either means that you're loading the wrong preset or that the preset somehow is broken and doesn't load like it's supposed to do.

Please try to change the controller.json directly without loading any presets again.

Thanks, Rasmus - but that still didn't work, unfortunately. In fact, there was no "controller.json" file at the location that you indicated, so I created one by copying the G29 preset, renaming it to "controller.json" and editing it from there. :(

Are there any other ideas to try?

EDIT: Finally got it to work. After creating the controller.json file, I had to then re-detect the G29 preset. Go figure.....

Thanks very much!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks, Rasmus - but that still didn't work, unfortunately. In fact, there was no "controller.json" file at the location that you indicated, so I created one by copying the G29 preset, renaming it to "controller.json" and editing it from there. :(

Are there any other ideas to try?

EDIT: Finally got it to work. After creating the controller.json file, I had to then re-detect the G29 preset. Go figure.....

Thanks very much!

Thanks!
Very weird that there was no controller.json file!
Creative solution but it worked, nice to hear! :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%