LOD problem

Has anyone noticed that lod0_z variables work, but that objects then appear to follow this rule depending on viewing direction as well?

I currently have some cone layouts which obviously can disappear after say 500m, but it only seems to work when driving towards them in a north easterly direction.

If I approach them beyond easterly, or northerly and through that entire 270degree arc that isn't around NE, then they just disappear.

My circle of cones demonstrates this nicely as I spin the camera they disappear and re-appear.

Odd. Anyone else noticed this?

PS, I have nested the variable if that might make a difference? I really can't be bothered adding this variable to EVERY cone object definition (rather simply add ~cone to add the cone definition which can then be tweaked globally via one input)
Looks like I might have to do that though just to see if this is some Racer bug or not.

Dave

I don't really get disappearing dials often, if it all...

Hmmm...

LOD seems sensible for lots of things when they are 'too small to see', but this isn't too useful if stuff just doesn't appear if you look the wrong way :D

Hope this is just something I'm doing wrong or is a simple fix!

Dave

Hmmm,

This problem seems to go away with the flag set to 6, while using 1024 it is broken (1024 is the flag for movable objects)

Seems to be a bug then... :(

Dave

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back