Locking up all the time

So, I'm not new to racing games, but not amazing either.

But I'm having real trouble with locking up.

For example was running a race in the Ferrari 458 GT2 with all assits off. And if I press my pedal more than about 35-50% I lock up, I cant even get near 100% braking.

I've tried everything I can think of with the game settings and driving style and nothing seems to make any difference. I've tried applying the brake hard and then towards the end of the braking zone lifting off, but the problem is I lock up straight away. I've tried being really light on the pedal but I need to brake at about 300m if not more. And I've also tried pumping the brakes, and that just ends up with on and off locking.

I have a Thrustmaster F430 FFB wheel, but cant seem to find any wheel settings in the sticky for it.

Any ideas as to what's going on? Or is this normal and I just need to be very very careful on the brakes?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't change steering rack ratio in car setup either? I have been getting around this by using two different presets in my Forza CSR wheel, but not everyone has that option. It's aggravating that the race cars and street cars have such a different ratio.
You're correct in saying that you can't change the racks on cars, but street cars don't have interchangeable racks. And street cars will have slower racks than race cars, but also will usually have a tighter turning circle at full lock since you need that on the road. A race car will have a faster rack that doesn't allow for much turning since they're designed to always be moving at speed and take large-radius corners on a race track. And even if Kunos add racks into the setup menu, it won't be for street cars since they only allow you to change what you can on the real car.

So all those suspension parameters in the setup menu are actually adjustable on the street cars? I can crawl under a Z4 and change toe and camber? (More easily than changing the steering ratio.)

I just don't see the point in being overly strict in interface options. Should they lock down FOV or input gamma? Pretty sure I can't adjust those in most of those cars? It would be pretty easy to add a setting "Steering Rack = Real-life or Adjustable", just like they do for ABS, SC, TC... I'm pretty sure Kunos will about-face on that sooner than later, there's lots yet to be implemented.

But thanks for confirming that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back