Locking System

Hi guys,

I am having a problem with my locking system and hope that someone has had the same issue so can tell me what to do :rolleyes:

I have used BTB for nearly a year now without a problem, however it has now locked me out! Even though I have a valid licence! :(

I have re-installed it but still nothing!

Has anyone had this problem? Solutions is greatly appreceated! :)

Thanks,

Monty

Have you checked to see if your license has expired? Log in to the BTB website and click on License under your name to find out. If it has, you can generate a new one by running the HID.exe again and uploading the new HardwareId.txt file.

Well I have re-installed the game yet again, got rid of all traces of BTB on my pc (any projects were then put into a USB as backup).

Installed and downloaded my licence again and lo and behold, it works!

Then added the projects and Xpacks and its all working again!

If only I had worked this one out back in January!

Cheers for the suggestions though guys :)

Nah, tried the simple un-install many a time and didn't work.

I had some backup data of BTB so I removed that (onto a USB obviously), uninstalled BTB and then did a search for anything on the computer relating to BTB, got rid of it all!

Re-installed, redownloaded the licence and it worked!

Then added the backup's back onto the computer and still works! (Backup's being Xpacks and Projects).

I don't quite know why it worked this time but it has so I don't care... I have my BTB back at long last :D

P.S. Going off topic, I am a bit of a noob to BTB and these forums, would someone mind directing me in the correct way to finding either

a) extra Xpacks
b) water terrain/effects.

Thanks for all your help guys :)

try updating your net framework, c++ redistributable and direct x files.......if that dosn't work I would seriously consider checking for virous contamination I have had some on mine that have caused a similar problem. Simply because these and java ar the main programs virus use to access your computer ......failing that i'me at a loss as to what is causing your problem.

bearing in mind It's sunday I'm british and extremely drunk. so apologies to those who know what there actualy doing.this is probably nonsense LOLOLOLOL.:confused:

I have been running the Evo full version (exp nov 2011) since I purchased it mid May, everything has been working fine until today, when I received the 'Lock System' message. The only thing that I could have change things was removing one one my external HD to free up a USB Port, reflecting back I think it could of changed my HardwareID. I put everything back as it was, but still am receiving the same message. I have backed up BTB, unistalled & reinstalled. Stuck at the moment. Do another HID, purchase another license?. Where to go next. I realize that Brendon doesn't support vista, but this seems to be a license problem not so much a problem with BTB running on Vista.:frown:

Windows Vista Home Premium 3.0 GB 32 bit

right click btb & hid also, check the compatibity tab, click on administration check box,re run hid with the admin rights on.and re submit it hid to piddy website, when you licence comes.deleted any old licences in btb directory and replace.

right click btb & hid also, check the compatibity tab, click on administration check box,re run hid with the admin rights on.and re submit it hid to piddy website, when you licence comes.deleted any old licences in btb directory and replace.

Thanks for your quick reply, just one question, since I already have one a license at Piddy's website & the Upload BTB Evo License is grayed out, do I directly e-mail Piddy at the 'bob@bobstrackbuilder.net' instead with the attachment. Sorry for stupid questions.

Windows Vista Home Premium 3.0 GB 32 bit

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing