Loading bar stops at end

Kyle Puttifer

@Simberia
I've got a Shift conversion of London Royal Mile.
Everything is working, all of the references are right. The only problem is, when the loading bar gets to the end, it stops and I have to kill the rFactor AIW Editor process to get back to the desktop, which means I can't do the AIW (currently using a temporary BTB one). It does the same thing in rFactor itself as well. There are no error messages, it just stops.
Here is the track:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GYIK2EEK
What is the problem?

Just Ran The Track On my Machine and it goes into the game, but your stuck in the pits and unable to move
and the area around you is missing textures, which i think is caused by you removing something you shouldn't have.
since you were trying to remove the high poly crowds I would start there :redface:

After a very cursory look at your project I was unable to find an Instance (or GMT objects) for "XPITIN" or "XPITOUT". Maybe I simply overlooked them...

Good luck!

btw: 3DSimED found no missing Textures or Objects.

Your AIW starts me way away from the track, and if I move the car either by driving or the arrow key combo, the game crashes. All I need is a single garage position, that will put me, all four wheels on the ground, on one of the road gmts. I've got them all to be collidable, you said you did road17 so let's use that one.

I got coordinates from SimEd but it's the height coordinates that are a problem. If it's too high then the car floats in the air and doesn't respond to gravity. If it's too low then the car has the road cutting through it. I don't know any way of getting the EXACT height coordinates for any given point on the track, which is why I'm having problems. I can get the lat/long coords but I cannot get the height, and I need to get that exactly right in order for all four wheels to be on the black stuff.

I've corrected those instances since adding my post, every instance containing the word "road".
Those coordinates work though ehrlec, thanks a lot! Although my Renault R31 fell through the road a few times, poor Bruno. :tongue:
Looks like I forgot some instances, and I had my car floating above one of them. Also some of the red areas are known as "island".

Yup that was the problem - I went though the scn file and changed all the road surfaces to CollTarget=true HATTarget=true

I also changed the first few garage spots to this: (rfactor usually puts you in one of the first four or five spots)

TeamIndex=0
PitPos=(486.0131,20.14844,-180.4027)
PitOri=(-0.002929679,1.62777376174927,-0.02050494)
GarPos=(0,-458.405,5.811,-132.831)
GarOri=(0,-0.01562373,0.0495049096643925,-0.002929679)
GarPos=(1,-458.405,5.811,-132.831)
GarOri=(1,-0.02050494,0.0330518819391727,-0.001953123)

but you could copy that down through as many garage spots as you want.

Anyway, making those changes I was able to drive almost all the way around the track (I missed a section of road and so the car dropped off the edge).

The track does cause my rFactor to crash though every time I leave the track... ???

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back