Loadcell mod v.s new lc Pedal set

Loadcell definitely in my opinion an advantage.
Muscle memory is better than translation memory of your body.
It is easier to apply the same amount of brake pressure repeatedly everytime you brake for a corner. It helped me a lot on consistency.

Upvote 0
okay. I am equally up to date but c.a 5 sec behind the pole and hope to get a sec or more faster. also i use only my right foot and idk if i should use my left too

I would like to get a bit more in detail:

A loadcell brake gives you the advantage to be, in my oppinion, much more precise with your input (brake). Especially applying the same amount of brake pressure again and again is something that makes you faster e.g. more consistent. I drive my pedals with a approximately max. Pedal "Force" of around 50Kg.
I don´t know if the LC mod you mentioned is also capable of such high loads.

You said that you use solely your right foot. I do that too, of course in a road car, in simulations i´m only forced to do it when racing with h-shifter to be able to do heel and toe when shifting down.
Also for this application a loadcell brake is already a win, because you can literally stand on your brake pedal, holding the pressure needed while blipping with throttle. This is mainly necessary since when releasing the clutch you have a engine-brake-tourque applying to your driven wheels. This can result, when not matching revs between engine and transmission in form of blipping, in a driving-instability of the car.

Left foot braking is also something that makes you faster without a doubt. Left foot braking is necessary to be able to tail brake into a corner. I do that with both h-shifted (when not being forced to shift down of course) or sequential shifted cars in general.
This means you slightly modulate the brake towards the apex to influence the rotational momentum of the car.
So f.e. You brake into a corner, your car wants to understeer, you gently modulate the brake pedal while braking to get more load on your front axle, while reducing load on the rear, making it able to steer the car.
You literally steer the car with your brake instead of your wheel.

So my advice is for sure trying to use left foot braking and get used to it. It also works with non loadcell pedals, but it works even better with loadcell ones.
One reason for this is that muscle memory works better than positional memory.

But all this is just one minor influence to be faster. There is still a lot of different stuff to be considered to be faster.
Your mental state, the way your eyes are looking into a corner, setup, etc.

But nevertheless, if you consider that your pedals and your wheels are the only input you have, it is a benefit to optimize this input.
I wouold even say that the pedals are more important than the wheel in first case.

Hope i could help!!

Cheers Dan

Upvote 0
@Daniel R. thanks for the good and detailed answer now ill try to use my left foot

So my advice is for sure trying to use left foot braking and get used to it. It also works with non loadcell pedals, but it works even better with loadcell ones.
One reason for this is that muscle memory works better than positional memory.

i noticed that i brake better with the left food than the right and sometimes i forget the position i wanted to brake with the right

Upvote 0
@Daniel R. thanks for the good and detailed answer now ill try to use my left foot

i noticed that i brake better with the left food than the right and sometimes i forget the position i wanted to brake with the right

Yep, for me i used pedals from a logitech DFGT (came with the wheel) when i started.
I then built my own loadcell pedals.
When you first try them without LC experience it feels strange for sure.
Then during a race in RF2 here @ Racedepartement there was the point mid race when it made "click" in my brain. From then on it was simply awesome and i would never ever, ever, change back to potentiometer/spring based pedals.
It´s just such a giant leap forward. Hard to describe, you must feel it. Maybe ask if there is somebody living close to you with LC pedals to give it a longer try!!

Just saw you´re from germany. Which town do you live in?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back