Load RF2 faster?

Is there any way possible to load rf2 faster. When i get to the white box with the Big RF2 it takes forever to get to the game.

I run an old i7 Sandy 2600k, overclocked a bit.

2 things i have found to be bad for loading times are hyper-threading the cpu and ms one drive.
ending one drive from the task bar didn't seem to do much, but killing it from cmd helped a lot.

Hi. I am still expecting something here.
They did improve loading times (SOMEWHAT) after that post. I think, due to ISI's use of compression tech for almost every part of the sim, you won't get the same fast load times as other sims. I think CPU is as much a factor as the SSD vs HDD. There is only so much giddy-up they can strip out of the loading process, and they most likely have already done what they could.
Remember too, Clearing cache files slows the process down, but is necessary for some of the graphic updates to function properly. Try to load any new track or after clearing the cbash and shaders folders offline before attempting to join an online session. That will get rid of the portion of the load around the 80% mark that seems to stall out. The new cache files are being created and that bogs down the cpu. After one load, there IS some improvement, just not anywhere approaching the other sims.

Also the larger the track(Nords) the longer that cache building takes. First loads at Le Mans and Nords can REALLY be excessive but there is a noticable improvement. (and) as you said, you may have gotten used to the longer rF2 load times.
We get real complaints when S397 releases a new track that also requires new code in the core sim. So new users buy a large track, but have to wait for the sim itself to update, then download the track and cars they may have purchased, then do that long long first load. you can be waiting close to a half hour for the first starting of your car's engine.

I've taken to making sure I load a new track before I want to play the sim, Just let it sit there while you go and have dinner or something. Anything to get that first load out of the way. I do this after game updates as well, just go through the track list and get 'em all loaded in to make it faster when I actually want to play.

Just one of the many trials of rF2 ownership :)

Loadings don't get any longer with game updates.
Only when cbash and shaders are deleted or if some graphic settings are changed.
true, but the track load has to wait for the actual core update. So if you newly purchased rF2, or had not played in some time, and also purchased a track like Le Mans or Nords. First you would have to sit and wait for Steam to update the core game AND download the track. Then you have to wait for the sync as the game loads. Then once you choose a car and track, that long agonizing first load begins. We recently had a thread with just that scenario and the OP was furious rF2 took so long to load. As I said tho, once you get past these first loads, things are much quicker, but will never reach the load times other sims achieve.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1234936

I used steam to transfer rf2 to my ssd (boot) Drive, from a wd Black, it made sod all difference to track loading times, weather they were preloaded or not. I got that frustrated that I had to reload le mans due to rf2 keep defaulting wheel strength settings and grid line up that I bought AMS2.

And I'm Enjoying that game. Oh god that Ultima Race.

J

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back