Load RF2 faster?

Is there any way possible to load rf2 faster. When i get to the white box with the Big RF2 it takes forever to get to the game.

cut back on the number of mods/tracks installed. The fewer packages to syncronize with, the faster the game will load. To load tracks faster...avoid large tracks like Sebring, Le Mans etc. limit the number of cars.

We are currently looking into these loading times. This question was also touched on in the recent "big interview" here. I hope we have some news about this topic soon.
Thanks Marcel, I have a very high-end machine with the fastest SSD I could buy and... RF2 is really slow to load. TBH: it's slower than any other game. :(

The only 'mods' I have is a data logger, but it was the same without that.

We are currently looking into these loading times. This question was also touched on in the recent "big interview" here. I hope we have some news about this topic soon.
One reason for long loading is due a bug on Steam data folder move funtion and rFactor mismatch, if you move your data folder on steam to somewhere else, part of directory path links in rFactor files are staying untouched and therefore pointing to wrong directories, loading sequence will last way longer because rfactor tries to find mod from nonexistence directory.
Is it only manual added mods (non-steam) or both, don't remember, I had this problem year ago when transferred my rfactor2 steam data folder to another drive.

Reactions: EdL
One reason for long loading is due a bug on Steam data folder move funtion and rFactor mismatch, if you move your data folder on steam to somewhere else, part of directory path links in rFactor files are staying untouched and therefore pointing to wrong directories, loading sequence will last way longer because rfactor tries to find mod from nonexistence directory.
Is it only manual added mods (non-steam) or both, don't remember, I had this problem year ago when transferred my rfactor2 steam data folder to another drive.

That's interesting because I run all my games from a dedicated SSD!

I don't know what's causing it but I have noticed that since installing my Ryzen5-3600X, the tracks load quite a bit faster.

I have a Ryzen 3700X, 16GB ram and Optane SSD (one of, if not the fastest).

So it's certainly not a spec issue that RF2 is slow to load.

To be fair, the more AI you add to the race the slower it loads by quite some portion.

SSD is irrelevant for the track loading time itself, it's all determined by CPU. I overclocked my CPU by 10% and achieved 10% improvement in loading time. And yeah, each AI car you add will increase loading time by some coefficient.

My CPU was the flagship AMD, similar to Intel Core i9-9900K.

If it is CPU intensive then I feel sorry for people on lower specs! :confused:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years