LMP2 Oreca 07 - Racing Team Nederland #29 Jumbo

Skins LMP2 Oreca 07 - Racing Team Nederland #29 Jumbo 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
@thomasjohansen I know how skinning works in rF2 but if you provide a skin on RD it would be preferable if you provide it complete with a folder and *.rcd file. That way it would be an easy install for everyone and there is no faffing about with files on the player's side.

A lot of skinners in the community provide their skins this way and it makes the experience of using them a lot less painless.

@thomasjohansen I know how skinning works in rF2 but if you provide a skin on RD it would be preferable if you provide it complete with a folder and *.rcd file. That way it would be an easy install for everyone and there is no faffing about with files on the player's side.

A lot of skinners in the community provide their skins this way and it makes the experience of using them a lot less painless.

So no need for a mas file which outdates with updates?

but is'nt the veh file version depended?
I am not sure but looking at some veh files for the Aston GTE it doesn't look like there is any version dependence.

The Aston skins too, are from when the car came out and they still work while the car has been updated (I think) and the skins have not been updated either.

It all depends on the way you add it in. The way that that files currently are, all that would be needed is a .rcd and everything placed in the userdata/player/settings/oreca 02 LMP2 folder ( or what ever it actually is). From there it should be good to go as a standalone car

@thomasjohansen - I would just take a working .rcd, and then copy it, and then change the necessary info to have it working. I did that last night and it worked well.

Exactly what I was going to say. There is a skin from PR1 Mathiasen and Performance Tech in IMSA that does with with the RCD files.

That may give a good base to look at.

made it more userfriendly, but its so annoying that I cant include UI icons without making it to rfmp. And i dont want to maintain a rfmp package.
I thought you could have these icons in a normal skin too? Does it not work when you include files named in this manner?
1584474625560.png

nope, only if I pack it in a rfmp file, but then I have to maintain it when S397 updates the car.
I already have one I maintain.
I have included the icon files in the mas file, so you are welcome to try and find a solution.
Udklip.PNG

I think it's because the rcd file points to an original existing veh file packed in the game.
And the only way to get your own veh file included in the game is to install it by a rfmp file.
Its a strange way S397 have coded it. they could just have made a rule to look for veh and icon files in the skin directory.

Ah yeah that might be the problem indeed. I think S397 have made a lot of strange decisions on how to implement things like this. It would be a lot more userfriendly to do it the way AC does it for example but I assume, or hope, they have good reasons to do it this way too.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 120 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 439 39.5%