AC LMP1/GTE @ LeMans - Saturday January 28th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Eugene Abramoff how is policy for the GT class when lapped?
Keep the line, I suppose, and let the LMP1 cars to make the move?

Yes that's correct.

Keep your line through corners, let the LMP find their way through. Reason being, if you try to do something out of ordinary, you might close the gap LMP was going for and cause an accident. This are the rules in real life as well.
Of course on the straight and whenever possible try to make it easier for them to pass, but do it in good time (in advance), so that LMP could read your moves. What I would do for example, is if I see LMP approaching me before corner, I would lift off earlier than normal and let the go ahead, even though its at my expense. Its up to you of course if you want to do that at a given moment.
Always keep your eyes on the mirror, you never know when LMP might appear, you have no idea how much faster they are in comparison to GTE (that's advice for those who is fresh in multiclass and reminder for veterans).
LMP leaders, it would be nice if you warn everyone on TS when you are about to lap GTE (at least first and maybe second time around, to keep everyone alert).

This is just general advice for those who might not know and reminder for everyone. If you have something to add, feel free to do so, or ask any questions you might have.

What is the overtaking rules in that situation. PLP gives me a penalty?
acs-2017-01-28-10-02-04-.jpg

What is the overtaking rules in that situation. PLP gives me a penalty?
acs-2017-01-28-10-02-04-.jpg

In any event i would keep it between the two lanes in the middle because the outer lanes, when you drive on them, dont feel like tarmac. And the car doesn't behave like as if it were going on the tarmac, better safe than sorry in the end of these very long straights I guess.

Pass on blue area, two wheels on track and two wheels out track. If it's to dangerous, wait the end of straights (as said @Yusuf Macit).
978203acs20170128100204.jpg

No penalty is you keep minus 2 wheels on track I hope.

Last edited:
Pass on blue area, two wheels on track and two wheels out track. If it's to dangerous, wait the end of straights (as said @Yusuf Macit).
978203acs20170128100204.jpg

No penalty is you keep minus 2 wheels on track I hope.
First of all, in this picture the GT car occupy the middle of the track, and this is definitely not the right position with a LMP1 car behind.
In these cases, do not stay in the middle of the track, but stay in one of the two lanes, right or left, so the LMP1 is not forced to go off track.
Keep in mind that track limits are the dotted lines, and mid line separates the two lanes. This is very important because the race groove is in the middle of the track and istinctively suggests to stay in the middle of the track that is dangerous position when lapped.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years