AC LMP1 / GT2 / GT3 - Nordschleife - 1h race - Sat 03.01.15

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I regularly loose the connection to the 24 server. If I'm lucky I could finish 1-2 laps before i loose the connection. I have testet my internet connection and everything seems fine and works perfectly with other servers on AC.
What is the nature of your disconnect? Does the game straight kick you out? Do you get an error message, maybe in the chat?

Connect to it now and I'll monitor the server output.

192FF678F007D10B95B9D0A3FBF47A8E46CA7F81

After just one lap of the nurby my car is in this condition. I guess I will be joining the backmarkers for this race :D

Yep, my goal is just to stay on the black stuff, doing ok so far. This is an amazing Nurburgring design, will be interesting to see what the "official" one looks like. I'm a die-hard Mazda racing fan but jumping straight into that race car on a track I'd yet to race on would have been interesting! haha.

Anyone have any suggestion on a set up for the BMW Z4 for this track?
Any pointer will be greatly appreciated thanks.
Hi Edwin,
I've seen you driving one lap earlier this evening. Your car seemed to be prone to lift off oversteer. Give the rear axle a bit more positive toe.
Other options, through driving or setup to reduce or eliminate this behavior is as written here

Appendix (continued)

To limit or eliminate the so called 'lift-off oversteer'

Driving
  • lift off the brake more carefully at the end of the braking zone
  • apply less steering at corner entry
  • brake earlier and accelerate earlier
  • no tail-braking, brake in a straight line
  • apply a bit of throttle while going off the brakes to stabilise the rear
Setup
  • raise rear wing
  • reduce front camber
  • increase front springs / lower rear's
  • increase front dampers / lower rear's
  • try the 'first-' dampers first, they have a smaller effect on handling than the 'bound' and 'rebound' dampers
  • apply more positive toe at the rear - be careful, the car will understeer more
  • reduce value of the acceleration differential ('diff power')
  • increase braking differential ('diff coast')
  • put more brake bias to the front
  • increase ARB in the front / reduce at the rear
Of course you don't have to do all of the above all at once, try one, if it helps, that's great. If not, try an additional one.
[...]

You can bet your clutch plates on it ,)
Oh, since we are on the topic of GT+LMP and long races. Have you ever considered organizing a 4 hour event? We could have the practice and qualy on day 1, and than the race on day 2.

Would be fun, especially now that pits are working. Though, that being said, such a race would greatly benefit from a racetrack with many car slots. ----Not to sound selfish, but I've a group of friends itching to have a race where we each can drive a stint.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%