LM55 @ Jops GP - Thu 15th November 2012

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: LM55: Aston Martin DBR2 ( Download ), Ferrari 250 Testarossa ( Download ), Jaguar D-Type ( Download )
Track: Jops Grand prix de la Neuveville ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
-------------Race 1-------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 12 laps)
-------------Race 2 -------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 ( 12 laps)

Note 1: Only use skins that come with the mod.
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 3: Free car choice

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Senad Subasic
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Jack Smith
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Carlos Diaz
  7. Alberto Tescara
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Roland's Thursday quite-likely-that-I'll-make-it-for-this-one lounge:
  1. Roland Warmenhoven
  2. Stuart Thomson
  3. Philip Brown
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

I drove the Aston and the Jaaaaaag first.

Then I jumped in the Ferrari and I was like "WOW, this car actually has tires made out of rubber and not soap!!!!".

I can't imagine the Ferrari was so much easier to drive than the other 2 in real life. If that's the case, I hope the other guys made twice as much money as the Ferrari drivers.

Either way, the gents that actually drove these beasts must have had balls of titanium and nerves of steel.

Hi Knut. Just to clarify. I had not signed up...just said I would sign up if I am not in the woods. I just checked now and I see I'm not in the woods:D , but I am on the list.
Well don't panic...stay calm..sit down and rest quietly...three deep breasts... I mean breaths. I am now scheduled for a dentist appointment in about an hour and I hope to be home in time to participate. I am now downloading all required mods and plan to join in when I return. I am donating a couple of my teeth to my sister.:laugh:
I will not have had time for any practice but I don't think the guys will mind.

WOW, these beasts are a handful, but not in a Porsche 935 way. They are fun to try to keep on the road, always requiring your alertness and quite a bit of finesse.

Hans was doing great in Race1, I was trying hard to keep up with him and would have had a hell of a battle with him but it seems like he got a bit nervous and had a couple of offs and handed me first place. Due to the fact that our resident alien never qualies and that some of the guys behind me were having some trouble I was able to sneak away with first in the DBR.

For race 2 I grab the Ferrari and I think it will be a lot easier to successfully complete a race in this car without spinning or crashing due to it's more composed nature compared to the other beasts. I had the setup good enough to get me Q2 but then I went into the garage and I reduced rear camber from 2.1 to 1.9, softened the rear dampers a bit, and added one degree of tow out. BIG MISTAKE!!!! This has happened to me before, where last minute, untested changes make the car VERY different from where I last had it. I should really not do that anymore.
I ended up spinning it several times lol. But it was still fun nonetheless.

Alberto Tescara
Welcome aboard Alberto, I hope we see more of you, you did spectacular tonite.

Thanks for all your hard work Stu and Knut!

A nice match of car and track. I choose the Aston for race 1 and the Jaq for race 2. The Aston is a powerhouse but I found it easier to control than the Jag because most of my limited practice time was in the Aston. The Jag was kind of learn as you go and after a few mishaps( too much throttle at times causing needless spins) I was way behind but slowly gained some composure although my pace way too slow to be competitive; however, in the Aston I faired quite well.
What a different drving experience theses cars are. :D More please.
Thanks Knut. Lots of fun..cheers to all drivers.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%