LM55 @ Jops GP - Thu 15th November 2012

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: LM55: Aston Martin DBR2 ( Download ), Ferrari 250 Testarossa ( Download ), Jaguar D-Type ( Download )
Track: Jops Grand prix de la Neuveville ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
-------------Race 1-------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 12 laps)
-------------Race 2 -------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 ( 12 laps)

Note 1: Only use skins that come with the mod.
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 3: Free car choice

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Senad Subasic
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Jack Smith
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Carlos Diaz
  7. Alberto Tescara
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Roland's Thursday quite-likely-that-I'll-make-it-for-this-one lounge:
  1. Roland Warmenhoven
  2. Stuart Thomson
  3. Philip Brown
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Well this is hard work ...Need lots of practice on this one if I want to drive the Aston :rolleyes:
the Jaguar is maybe the easiest to drive, then the Ferrari. But it's hard work taming the Aston (also found a much higher wheel lock is working better for me) 800 deg and about 30 on the lock .. Don't think ill be doing much drifting in the DBR2 (vintage tyres) but the other 2 slide real nice with the special tyres..:thumbsup:
But first iv'e got to get used to the Sciroccccco (cant even spell or say it correctly yet) for Tuesday..Its going to be one hell of a week and im looking forward to it...:D

Ive spent some time on Knut's test track taking a wide line and trying to drift in these beast's and its great fun..
:D just use the throttle(nice and gentle) not much steer action once it start to drift (you have to start somewhere and it does take time lots of time..)

Ive spent some time on Knut's test track taking a wide line and trying to drift in these beast's and its great fun..
:D just use the throttle(nice and gentle) not much steer action once it start to drift (you have to start somewhere and it does take time lots of time..)

Exactly. If you work the steering too much, it's very easy to over-correct and having the car snap the other way or simply ending the slide too early. I usually give the steering a good jab on turn-in with light braking and no throtttle, then as the rear steps out I get on the throttle, then keep the steering pretty much straight or a little opposite lock and just work the throttle to keep it drifting at the right angle.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%