LM24: Toyota 'Did The Right Thing' Not Swapping Race Leaders

There was enough time to change all 4 tyres and not only one, and on top off all, they change the wrong one ... come on ... who believes in Santa Claus.
They pay for the Diva Alonso a bunch of money, so he has to be on the top of the podium.
Diva Alonso ,other monkey ?¿you certainly would not be called, so that

Nope. ByKolles and DragonSpeed are out.
Ginetta have entered two cars, but as far as I can remember, Tomlinson are only willing to finance one car himself, so if there are no takers on the second, we'll at most see one Ginetta.

Yep 8 full time *entries*, I guess they don't all have to show. I think I was remembering an unconfirmed list from earlier in the year.

The ACO is still going at this race - Keating's GTE-AM winning car is DQd as is Ford 68, and that's just today. Nothing is over until ... 6 months time again? who knows, 8 may get DQd yet.

Whether there was an actual tyre deflating or not, they didn't listen to Lopez saying they were wrong about the tyre they were talking about - that is not really excusable. You would notice as a driver if a tyre was down to 0.3 bar.

What a crock.
As usual the Alonso detractors and conspiracy theorists are hard at it, but does any proper racing enthusiast think Mike Conway would just hand over a victory to any other car? As for it being a two car race, Toyota were up and running, no Porsche, no Audi and no real opposition. Old saying demonstrated fully, 'You've got to be in it to win it" which they did.
Enough already.

Pretty cool to see a customer car of the Ford GTE this year. Sad for the Vette #63 being put into the wall. Did the Porsche hit him or did the Vette turn into the Porsche?

I think Toyota had it in the bag anyway. They have more money and experience than the other two teams did in P1. The Rebellion liveries were pretty damn cool though.

Them not switching cars I think has little to do with racing politics. I think is was more not quitting while you're ahead. I mean you're almost done why not just finish. Everything is a team effort there.
I haven't done a deep analysis or anything, but the guy driving the Porsche AM at that stage was serious track hazard, he would do 3 laps and crawl back to the pits to change the nose, 2 more laps and a big gravel trap excursion, 3 more laps and a spin, all in a single outing/stint, that guy was a danger.

Last edited:
ACO should eliminate any category where only one team has a realistic chance of winning.

These years of Toyota "wins" will always be tainted by the fact that the result was preordained.

Personally it doesn't count as a win.. so I don't care about wich Toyota finnish ahead of the other one.. Sorry toyota, but racing alone doesn't count. The only japonese brand that really won Le Mans agains't someone else was Mazda, no more story to be added.

I haven't done a deep analysis or anything, but the guy driving the Porsche AM at that stage was serious track hazard, he would do 3 laps and crawl back to the pits to change the nose, 2 more laps and a big gravel trap excursion, 3 more laps and a spin, all in a single outing, that guy was a danger.

Oh snap yeah is was that dude. He should have been disqualified!

Personally it doesn't count as a win.. so I don't care about wich Toyota finnish ahead of the other one.. Sorry toyota, but racing alone doesn't count. The only japonese brand that really won Le Mans agains't someone else was Mazda, no more story to be added.

You do know the Mazda was significantly underweight for that year's C2 regs, yeah? almost 180kg under. Mazda somehow got an ACO exemption from the ballast all the other non 3.5L cars had to take. It's like they were in a class of their own. Reverse deja-vu, eh?

180kg is about 240L of fuel, or two large pit crew.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%