LM24 LMP2 Winner G-Drive Stripped of Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
On purpose, of course. Not because they're russian, but because they are a racing team. Everybody tries to bend the rules and regulations. Some get caught, some get away with it.

kindly show me a human who never does wrong.
Jesus committed tax fraud.

Also it's a fair cop, but I think it's a sign that the rulebook has gotten too damn big when both WEC races this season have had a major change to the results made after the fact.

I hate it when results are changed post race, but if they broke the rules then it has to be.

and this thread again proves that national pride in whatever form is the dumbest invention mankind ever made. it cost millions of life already and here we are again with nationalism on the rise where blue-eyed me thought the 20th century had taught us a lesson or two.

I dunno, Religion is right up there as an awful invention, arguably more deaths and suffering caused directly and indirectly by it (many "nationalistic" wars were strongly influenced by religion). Humans don't learn lessons, it's sad fact. The stupidity of the far left is causing all sorts of problems and leading to a swing to the right. At this rate I can honestly see another Hitler type rise up. Piss people off enough and they'll flock to someone who'll promise to "put things right".

Do a quick google search of WADA hack. In most cases all you need is a doctor willing to write a prescription. The Williams sisters and the gymnastics teams are loaded with unhealthy individuals prescribed drugs that enhance your performance. BTW I'm American.

Ah...But you failed to mention the athletes of other countries who were "exposed" in these hacks. You also fail to specifically cite anything other than a list released by people who stole data while committing a criminal act.

Your trust in that data exposes your biases for all to see.

I would say to anyone who made comments such as yours to put up or shut up. Verifiable data is the only way you can do so.

The issue is not bending rules, everybody does, it just appears some people get caught more often than other.
What ever you do, do it right.

That sounds like a quote from Smokey Yunick. Smokey was famous for creative interpretation of the rule book.

quote from wacky wikipedia:
... Another Yunick improvisation was getting around the regulations specifying a maximum size for the fuel tank, by using 11-foot (3 meter) coils of 2-inch (5-centimeter) diameter tubing for the fuel line to add about 5 gallons (19 liters) to the car's fuel capacity.

Once, NASCAR officials came up with a list of nine items for Yunick to fix before the car would be allowed on the track. The suspicious NASCAR officials had removed the tank for inspection. Yunick started the car with no gas tank and said "Better make it ten," and drove it back to the pits.

He (also) used a basketball in the fuel tank which could be inflated when the car's fuel capacity was checked and deflated for the race.

Yunick also used such innovations as offset chassis, raised floors, roof spoilers, nitrous oxide injection, and other modifications often within the letter of the rule-book, if not the spirit. "All those other guys were cheatin' 10 times worse than us," Yunick wrote in his autobiography, "so it was just self-defense." Yunick's success was also due to his expertise in the aerodynamics of racing cars. end quote

... and then there was the NASCAR banned "7/8 scale" 1967 Chevy Chevelle Stock Car ... a great story but a little too long for this venue. You may read it HERE, if you'd like.

I think them Russian boys could learn a couple things from Smokey, for sure!;)

Last edited:
Yeah, not like they were cheating on darn Olympics games itself, why would they do it here, too ?

Don’t be such a russophobic dumb F ..

Team USA has a very long track record of doping, that is cheating, at such a level that it can be called structural and endemic. So please leave out the cold war mentality for when you are talking to your beer and pretzel buddies.

Unless you get a waver. Ford still havent made the minimum numbers of cars in order to enter GTE.
"The ACO modifies its regulations for “small manufacturers” (less than 2000 cars produced a year). In order to be eligible a big manufacturer must produce at least one car a week or a small manufacturer one car a month. "
"" The cars will be eligible to race when 100 road cars for big manufacturers or 25 road cars for small manufacturers are produced. The car must have an official launch campaign and sales network.""

I think they produce more than one car a week and they produced more than 100 road cars, actually i think i read somewhere that they were producing 500 a year

If Chris Froome was a Russian, Tom Dumoulin would have won his second Giro this year. Cheating is sadly enough ‘part of the game’ where a lot of money is involved. But the system of penalising cheating is still corrupt if you ask me.

Race Department is a worldwide community of people who share a common passion for sim racing and motorsports.
In the overall scheme of things we are a niche group, so it's neither clever or encouraging to read insulting comments about members countries.
Since someone brought up Jesus I'll quote
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
Whether you're a believer or not that's still a pretty good motto.
Take this a long-winded warning to get back on topic.

Last edited:
Why nobody mentioning that TDS Racing was disqualified as well? https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/g-dr...ng-disqualified-from-24-hours-of-le-mans/6013
was it a specific ORECA 07 Gibson feature that team was assured by manufacturer it is ok or what? why again this "Russians are bad" BS?..
I think this should be investigated impartially.

It is not a specific Oreca-Gibson thing. G-Drive is a russian backed TDS-car.
Not the first time for G-Drive though, in 2013 they lost a podium due to running with too large fuel tank. While in 2015 the 2nd G-Drive car, being a lap down ,took out the KCMG-car, and thus helped the 1st G-Drive car towards a LMP2 title.

G-Drive have a history of shady stuff in WEC.

EDIT: Note: TDS is French.

Imagine racing and winning for 24 hours only to have that taken Away from you.

Then imagine being the guy who knew about it was complicit in the act.

Awful situation.

Why nobody mentioning that TDS Racing was disqualified as well? https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/g-dr...ng-disqualified-from-24-hours-of-le-mans/6013
was it a specific ORECA 07 Gibson feature that team was assured by manufacturer it is ok or what? why again this "Russians are bad" BS?..
I think this should be investigated impartially.

G Drive Racing = TDS Racing in this case. Both entries are run by TDS.

Btw. this should be mentioned also, for those people talking about "French conspiracy":
TDS Racing has mounted a defence claiming that the assembly as presented complies with the regulations, in particular because the regulations do not specifically outlaw the addition of additional parts.

This defence has been rejected and both cars have been excluded from the results subject to appeal from the team.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/...uded-signatech-alpine-inherits-class-win.html

Seems like the team is very aware of the additional part inserted into the fuelling rig.

So for now the Le Mans results remain provisional with the team's entries DQ'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back