LIVE STREAM: rF2 Formula E DLC and Marcel Offermans Interview - Weds 29/11 @ 8PM GMT

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 Formula E Talk and Drive QA .jpg

RaceDepartment will be interviewing Marcel Offermans of Studio 397 whilst driving the new Formula E rFactor 2 DLC... LIVE!

Tune in to the RaceDepartment Twitch page on Wednesday 29th November as we take to the circuit in the new rFactor 2 Formula E DLC around the tight and twisting Hong Kong Formula E track, while at the same time interviewing the man responsible for this excellent new piece of content and the continual development of rFactor 2 - @Marcel Offermans!

UPDATE: Catch all the action again on YouTube in the video below:

Thinking of interesting and semi intelligent things to say to developers isn't the easiest thing in the world, neither is driving a performance open wheel car on a tight track. Doing both, for the first time, without practice and in front of a live audience probably won't help either... this could go wrong, very wrong indeed...

rf2 Formula E Live Interview and Race.jpg

We will be taking to the track with Marcel, a very accomplished sim racer himself, for plenty of lapping at the new Hong Kong Formula E circuit in the brand new Energize Formula E DLC for rFactor 2 on Wednesday evening and discussing anything and everything rFactor 2 and Formula E. Think of it like a chat down the pub about your favourite topic, but throw in high speeds and tight tracks with unforgiving walls, and a live crowd. Hmmm, might be biting off more than I can chew here...

Anyway if you want to catch what we hope is some interesting and hopefully informative chat, or just want to watch me fall very firmly flat on my face, then check out our live stream this Wednesday 29th November from 20:00 GMT on our RaceDepartment Twitch channel, or catch the action recorded for your viewing pleasure on YouTube in the video below.. (when it's ready, after the main event...)

rFactor 2 is available from Steam as a PC exclusive title now. The Formula E Energize DLC can be picked up for 8.70 from the Steam Store HERE.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the rF2 Formula E DLC? Looking forward to our Live Stream? Find out anything interesting from the chat? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Question: if I buy now this Energize pack, will I get access to new FE tracks for free or will I have to buy them as well? Also, will you do something like Vegas eRace this season?

From what I read, if there are more tracks, they will not be retroactively added to this Energize bundle. Whether you'll have a pack of tracks or they will all be individual purchases, it has not been disclosed.

Is it 1 car in the DLC? Will it be more? Come to think of it - IS there more than 1 car in real life or is it just settings and skins? :D I dont know tbh lol.

In real life there are differences under the hood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Paul Jeffrey & RD for another great Live Stream, special thanks to @Marcel Offermans for the insight into the F-E Pack and other content, I find it's always great to hear direct from the horses mouth so to speak. You get a slight insight into just what goes into creating a simulation and how difficult that task is, keep up the good work and as with the RRE Stream and this I look forward to more of these.

P.S. Paul your Mic kept getting out the first words of your sentences, not sure if that was just me/twitch/whatever but it seemed that your Mic was set to respond to noise/voice (don't know the technical term) so that first word was cut off and occasional mid sentence words. Marcels voice came through just fine without any cutting off.

Hey guys,

Hope you enjoyed the stream :)

To clarify what was a somewhat awkward presentation of the DLC giveaway, slightly tweaked:

Post a picture of yourself watching the Stream to our FaceBook and/or Twitter account. At 12pm UK / GMT we will tally up the replies and pick, at random, three winners of the rF2 Formula E DLC.

Don't worry about the tags as it appears they won't work on some occasions, as mentioned by @Gui Cramer above. Just make sure they are posted to the RD page.

Thanks

@Joseph Wright that makes sense and is physically possible isn't it? I'm no good with this FaceTweet stuff :D

If anyone has questions they want me to ask please post them in the comments here :)
I can’t even explain why.... but out of all content an all DLC’s..this has to be my favourite .. there is just something about the whining of the gearbox an drive train.. with nothing else but wind noise an the odd bump.. or rubber squeal. Having to learn the engine mixing an recovery system.. all whilst screaming around a tight city centre street circuit . My skill level in sim racing is below average . As is my equipment. But I can’t get enough of this formula e . It’s so well done .. until you play it an experience the braking effects with the recover turned up. Or trying to boost the power whilst coming out of a hairpin in order to out drag another car. There is subtleties that are to do with sounds (regonisalble from watching the real racing online ) that’s all I have to say really? 397 have done a great job with rFactor 2 but this is for me personally the best thing they’ve done with so much potential. ( please create more tracks ./ I understand they are not like a fixed circuit or guaranteed from season to season. But there are three or four that are permanently (or have been since the inception of formula e) like London . Long beach .ect ? I know people will mod tracks but please don’t just sit back an rely on that. As quality is inconsistent, building tracks I imagine is time consuming. But if people are prepared to pay for DLC an formula e has given you the licence.. why not. Once again thank you 397.. I am impressed with Formula e.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 350 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%