LIVE STREAM: RaceRoom New GT3's and Developer Interview - 14:30 GMT Today!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Live Stream Talk and Drive Test.jpg

Join us on Twitch at 14:30 GMT as we do a live 'talk and drive' Interview with Sector3 Studios, driving the upcoming new GT3 content!

Later today we will be spending time with the yet to be released new GT3 cars of RaceRoom Racing Experience, taking to the track with the Audi R8 LMS, the Mercedes AMG GT3 of course the stunning Callaway Corvette C7 GT3 R around the sweeping turns of the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit. Adding some spice to the occasion we will also be interviewing the man behind the new physics model as we look to learn everything we can about these three exciting new GT3 physics and cars, set to be made available to purchase in the public build of the simulation in the very near future.

Alex Hodgkinson is a new recruit to Sector3 Studios and has already had a considerable impact on the way the cars behave in game, using his considerable knowledge to good effect as he worked with the team to develop the new GT3 physics model that players will be able to experience when the big update is released in the near future.

If you want to check out what is happening in the stream and get a first opportunity to see these cars on track and driven in anger, then you can catch all the live stream action from 14:30 GMT on our Twitch TV channel from 14:30 UK...

RE-LIVE the stream now!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you enjoyed our live stream? Looking forward to check out the new cars for yourself? Learn anything interesting or new from our chat? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah!! Im waiting for the sim that we only have to steer the cars. And it would be even better if that would also go automatic so we only have to watch the screen. Saves a lot of money on those high tech cockpits we build.
Why so negative all the time? I'm all for open discussion and constructive criticism, but you're just whinging for no reason. You really need to lighten up. :rolleyes:

Preferences, preferences, preferences
But back to the interview with Paul, Alex mentioned how they dialed in the cars to match as closely as possible top speed and lap times at specific tracks as their IRL counterparts. This is encouraging to know as I just as soon avoid the setup part of the sim experience and concentrate on improving my driving. I like R3E more as time goes on.

Why so negative all the time? I'm all for open discussion and constructive criticism, but you're just whinging for no reason. You really need to lighten up. :rolleyes:
So enlighten me: what is the difference between whining and constructive criticism for peeps that do not want to hear any form of criticism as they will interpretate it as whining? As fas as i know communication is two directional: a sender and receiver. It takes 2 to tango.

Question: why on earth would Sector 3 (Raceroom) giving a interview about the GTR3 grid when Simbin (also Sector 3) is announcing GTR3.
Because the Raceroom GTR3 field is going to be GTR3 from Simbin. This GTR3 from Simbin is going to be as bad as the previous Simbin GTR3 we all hoped for. The difference is the name. RRE is using Simbins name to attract the community and meanwhile they present R3E with some extra features...

Its not off topic, its a question many R3E have regarding the fact GTR3 is on the roll.

Yeah!! Im waiting for the sim that we only have to steer the cars. And it would be even better if that would also go automatic so we only have to watch the screen. Saves a lot of money on those high tech cockpits we build.

So enlighten me: what is the difference between whining and constructive criticism for peeps that do not want to hear any form of criticism as they will interpretate it as whining? As fas as i know communication is two directional: a sender and receiver. It takes 2 to tango.

Your first post is quite easy to refute.
http://www.simbin.com/
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-3-by-simbin-coming-in-2018.131230/
Simbin UK is not equal to Sector 3. Cooperation is not equal to be the one and same company.

And further... It’s what @Martin Fiala says... Re-read your own posts and hopefully you come to your senses. :thumbsup:

Your first post is quite easy to refute.
http://www.simbin.com/
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-3-by-simbin-coming-in-2018.131230/
Simbin UK is not equal to Sector 3. Cooperation is not equal to be the one and same company.

And further... It’s what @Martin Fiala says... Re-read your own posts and hopefully you come to your senses. :thumbsup:
Why would i have to come to my senses, just to go with the flow of the majority to belong to the group?

Yeah right....as soon as somebody has another opinion than yours, he is trolling or being funny.
Just to correct you there, it's not the fact he does *have* an opinion, but rather what that opinion is and what they're based on (at least in those instances when it can even be called "an opinion" and not just a random statement, which seem to be somewhat rare with you in the first place).

And, granted, there's one more very obvious explanation when someone presents "opinions" the way you seem to. Trolling or being funny were just the more favorable options, so I went with those. If you're doing neither, then...yeah, there's just one other explanation left.

So, in other words, have fun with your "opinions".

Feel as though I may be stepping in :poop: but I think the feeling is to be considered constructive criticism there needs to be either a shred of positive, or a possible solution to the issue as it is perceived. To respond to someone that says they are overweight, and you say yeah and your ugly too is not considered constructive criticism. And I think that is were the rub is. If you think it sucks, thats ok, but own it masking it in a veiled statement that you are doing for the common good is transparent as to what it truly is.

Last edited:
Funny all the responses here, feels so negative in a way... I posted some notes based on the setup advice Alex offered during the interview since like Paul I don't know much. I get the concepts of ARB, toe-in/out, dampers, differential etc but not sure what if anything to apply.

For me sim racing is a recent hobby and neither family nor friends get it... when I upgraded from a DFGT to T300 with 599XX Evo rim the comments were "all you need to do now is buy the rest of the Ferrari..." yes I get it...

People note here on one sim vs another, whether or not to use TC or not etc. It's a simulation and I at least have never driven in a real race car. But I want to learn a about things, group C, Group B rally, manual versus automatic, sequential etc. For me just cruising around the California Hills http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/la-canyons.15067/ mod in an old Porsche or Ferrari in AC is what it's all about, to simulate the things I'll most likely never get to do, case in point

I don't care for what is or is not being realistic, or one title vs another. We have so many choices these days and I like to think that each Dev is trying their best to make the best sim they can. R3E and rF2 in just the last 2 years a case in point. A T300 on a wheel stand and an office chair is all I have and I'll try my best with what I got. Mike of Simracing604 noted the purchase of an Accuforce DD during the sales, and congrats to him and I look forward to following his progress. Rudy who won the McLaren WFG has been on a G27, and that's not to knock what Mike just bought, not at all, more a point of each to his/her own and with Mike and Rudy I can see the need to learn as much as they both can, contribute to the community and enjoy things.

Jimmy Broadbent who I also follow recently upgraded to an OSW and Heuskinveld pedals, the works. I joined one of his 'driving with subs' streams recently and while on track I could hear him say in the background "ah get out of the f*cking way!" don't know if me was referring to me (didn't have driver names or real time in AC on at the time) but afterwards I thought WTF Jimmy? Is it driving or racing with subs? I don't know, it just sort of put me off a bit.. And I like Jimmy and his content and will continue to watch and join online when I can.

During the stream Jimmy noted that he lives at home with his parents and streams from a shed, good for him I thought as in my case my wife asked me to please switch off as the noise of the shifter was driving her mad. In my case its more like 'man corner' than 'man cave', in envy Nicki Thiim and his setup in a man cave, and he's also a real life driver :)

Jimmy's tag line is 'no punterino' and I got punted several times and on purpose for sure. And it seemed many were a lot faster than I and on which I'd like to know why. And all the while I tried to be courteous on track and avoid at all costs adding to or creating collisions. Gentlemen racing I guess you could call it, and let's please try and be gentlemen here too ;)

Last edited:
@SeriousNewb Why not join the club races here at RD? You're not likely to get punted here, definitely not on purpose anyway. Just tonight, we're driving the Formula Junior cars in R3E, they're great for learning. And there's plenty of people who'd offer you advice on what you might be doing wrong and how to improve.
Thanks Martin. Not sure about this evening, with the limited time I have I want to try out the AMG in rF2 a bit more on Road Atlanta, Daytona or Sebring.

For future though do I just check the posts on the RD homepage for schedules? And do I need to be a premium member to join. And I assume someone is hosting the sessions (Steam > Tools > Raceroom Dedicated Server)? I don't own http://game.raceroom.com/store/cars/frj-cup but I could get with the new GT3 cars I guess ;)

For future though do I just check the posts on the RD homepage for schedules? And do I need to be a premium member to join. And I assume someone is hosting the sessions (Steam > Tools > Raceroom Dedicated Server)? I don't own http://game.raceroom.com/store/cars/frj-cup but I could get with the new GT3 cars I guess ;)

You can see the most current races in the left sidebar - if you click on the "Sign up for the upcoming races" title, you'll get to a complete calendar of currently planned races (and obviously if you click on the race itself, you go to the appropriate thread). You do need to be a premium member and be familiar with the RD club racing rules. You'll be required to be on TeamSpeak for the event, but you don't have to own a mic/headset, you can just listen (but having mic obviously helps if you have questions). The servers are run by RD and you join them from the game itself in the Multiplayer section.

And as for not owning the cars/tracks - remember you only need to own one eligible car with one livery, and obviously the track. So for tonight as an example, that would mean spending less than 2 euro on the car and less than 4 euro for the track (there's apparently the Black Friday 25 % off deal still active in the store).

I can't tell you when the next GT3 race will be, that's more for the staff, but they're obviously fairly popular so they come up quite often.

He mentions the GT3 cars being 'easy' to drive as they are developed for rich gentleman drivers. Every real race driver / tester says this also. Yet some in the sim community are so sure that all race cars should be impossible to drive with no grip etc etc...
There is a reason that GT3 cars are the most popular online races....
We need to understand that when the devs are giving us usable grippy race cars its because they are that in real life....its not because its 'dumbed down' or 'arcade'....
And if the drivers have TC then so what?
If you remove TC the engineers simply use more aero or LSD to gain back the advantage of TC...limited slip diffs are basically TC anyway yet no one gets their pants in a twist about using that....funny world..

Updated list of notes from Alex (#42 above) to add also turn down TC when car is understeering which Georg Ortner suggested in a recent stream which was also great! Georg also mentioned that DTM isn't continuing in R3E as their licence agreement ended, I wasn't aware of that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back