AC Live Stream: GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sun 10Jun18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Really wanted to take part, got home to watch the race, great commentary and race guys.

If the graphics on live stream were as good as in-game it would be truly awsome!

Unfortunately there are some issues when streaming.

1. You will never get a 1/1 scale for graphics to what I see from what the stream sees, unless you have beast internet (which I do not).
2. My bitrate is not the highest I could run it right now, as I am experimenting with it.
3. I have to run my graphics lower in game, because streaming takes a chunk out of my memory.

That was a great race guys and special thanks to @Joseph Wright for a great stream - it gets more and more professional every time !

Too bad about the first lap incident which caused quite some rippled down the field as people closed into the crash site - I too had to go off track as to prevent colliding into the calamity that happened at the pointy end of the grid ;-)

@Celtic Pharaoh new pants for you, having to sit there and watch the entire field coming at you ;-)

@jayk it was good fun hunting you - too bad you had some issues during the race, I really enjoyed that! I guess you had bad luck as of wrong car choice - hehe

@Devidin I am sorry I think I was a little too impatient to lap you as I was stuck a few corners behind already seeing the cars ahead of me getting away.
It would have been nice if you would have made that pass a little easier going through the fast right hand turn towards the last corner (just a short lift so the lapping car can pass easier is usually enough in such a situation).
I lost it as we went through there side by side - I got lucky though as I went straight into the pits after the incident and didn't loose as much time as I would have otherwise.

I will keep working hard to get back into regular top ten finishes - the competition in these EU events don't make that easy though - YOU GUYS ARE TOUGH TO RACE ;-)

@Dirk Steffen Nice Avatar! I let myself down I had no setup no previous testing just came on balls deep into the practice session in a car I've never driven before haha. Was stressful having you behind me but I made my toro quite wide, after Henri got past me and then ran wide I didn't want to stay behind him and slow down as he rejoined the track, because then you would too close. So I tried the inside but couldn't open the steering as he made it difficult and spun.

I fired my race engineer this morning, released a press statement, the idiot messed up my piststop! Lol

Yes, I too came into this race in bermudas, flip flops and with no preparation than a icecold drink.
The advantage of being extraordinary stubborn to exclusively drive Porsche and none of the technically inferior machinary (engine in the wrong place and all) is that you can bullsh... a halfway drivable setup together.

I used a setup which I really liked the balance off, just fixed tire pressures, corrected some ride hight and damper related settings and went for a John Doe pitstop setup (with tire change).
In hindsight for this race a short pitstop and no tire change would have been a better choice and could have maybe even meant another place in the end. I took note of that in my setup and next time around hopefully will not choose such a conventional strategy.

First race in a while & forgot just how much damn fun these races are!

Only mishap I had, apart from the first lap shenanigans, was on Lap 2 (or 3?) approaching the Turn 2 hairpin - the Orange McLaren behind must've missed their braking point & went full "Leeroy Jenkins" over the inside kerb. Glad I checked my mirrors before turning in! Was pretty uneventful after that as the field spread out. Hopefully didn't hold up the leaders too much as they came through.

Oh, did anyone save their replay?

That was a great race guys and special thanks to @Joseph Wright for a great stream - it gets more and more professional every time !

Too bad about the first lap incident which caused quite some rippled down the field as people closed into the crash site - I too had to go off track as to prevent colliding into the calamity that happened at the pointy end of the grid ;-)

@Celtic Pharaoh new pants for you, having to sit there and watch the entire field coming at you ;-)

@jayk it was good fun hunting you - too bad you had some issues during the race, I really enjoyed that! I guess you had bad luck as of wrong car choice - hehe

@Devidin I am sorry I think I was a little too impatient to lap you as I was stuck a few corners behind already seeing the cars ahead of me getting away.
It would have been nice if you would have made that pass a little easier going through the fast right hand turn towards the last corner (just a short lift so the lapping car can pass easier is usually enough in such a situation).
I lost it as we went through there side by side - I got lucky though as I went straight into the pits after the incident and didn't loose as much time as I would have otherwise.

I will keep working hard to get back into regular top ten finishes - the competition in these EU events don't make that easy though - YOU GUYS ARE TOUGH TO RACE ;-)

Hi Dirk, Yes sorry I was in your way... As you noticed I have few experience, and I am slow. When someone is coming to me I get a bit nervous I confess and do my best to not stay in the way. I had multiple experiences trying to 'make the pass easier' and by doing so cutting the road to the one passing me. I am not always sure if I should move one way or the other or stay on my line to let the faster guy decide and keep control on the situation.

Sorry to @Celtic Pharaoh as well... As you were passing me I was focused on the passing, and I missed my braking mark. As I was going too fast, I tried to jump on the side of the road to let you pass, but the wall sent me back on you.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 97 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing