AC LIVE STREAM: Group C @ Road America - Sat 10Feb18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I would have two suggestions for the next events:

- reducing the total number of entries from 36 to a slightly lower number (30 or 32 maybe)
This could help both people who had performance issues (some reported to have CPU occupancy warnings, reducing in them lagging / warping on the track, making racing around them rather unpleasant).
Some (as myself) experienced never seen before connection issues possibly due to the larger number of attendees. This fluctuated during the race and always went back to completely normal values once the field had spread out a bit.

This is a concern NOT easily helped by the simple "upgrade your computer" argument I am afraid :-(

- maybe think about a rolling start with such massive fields
The number of unnecessary incidents during the first half of lap 1 was quite interesting.
Some back markers / midfield runners also went quite aggressive when in the pack during lap 1 resulting in off tracks and spins. I was pushed off track twice in lap one (no contact but I avoided contact resulting in an off track, completely compromising my race).

Some people also did clearly have connection / warping issues, were told several times about it by different people and still decided to race nevertheless.

For long times during the race I was stuck behind a slower driver who was warping substantially and a clean overtake was just not possible -> race ruined.

Given that I looked forward to this race all week long and got up at 3 am in the morning to attend the race that was frustrating to say the least.

Here is a possible solution for such people (sometimes I fall into that group myself, given that I have to connect through a rather elaborate connection):
Maybe in such big events people who are called out during practice and qualifying to have clearly visible connection issues (clearly warping, excessive ping times above 500+ ms) and these people together with all reserve drivers who choose to do so could have their own race in a split 2 on the practice server without admin attending (as to prevent additional workload apart from setting up the server cycle and a basic set of cars) ? This way such people do not have to loose to race completely but the main server stays save.

Agree with lower number of cars. I was 16 th at quali but had to fall back at the race start due to cpu issues. It was very bad to see cars appearing and disappearing all the times since my pc didn't work properly

I was very frustrated during practice and qualy. I was feeling a little sick and the constant chatting in TS was driving me crazy, even with a very low volume. After frakking my first 3 qualy attempts a went down with the dogs and came back with 15 minutes left. My next two attempts weren't much better, but somehow managed a (for me) very good 14th place on the grid with my last attempt (about 3,5 secs from the best times). The start went very well for me, people diying everywhere, got me up to 10th position briefly, than I tried to stay alive. I forgot how to brake 1 lap and lost 2 places and than stayed 14th or thereabouts until my pitstop. I came out 22th and made my was up the field to 16th through other's pitstops. I battled with Lucas Gerlach (very nice battle :D) for the last third of the race until I made a mistake: 2 positions lost. I was 18th in the finish line, which all in all was very good for me under the circumstances.

Fun fact: people were talking about a fuel consumption of 140L for the whole race. My Porsche (probably because yours trully's lack of speed) only needed 130L and still has 5 minutes in the reserve... :confused:). So I was clearly doing something very wrong.

Mental note: don't drive while feeling ill :cry:

Assetto only records up to 1GB of replay. Dont have the first 35 minutes. What a bummer

HERE is mine. You should lower the quality settings of the replay or/and higher replay size. It allow longer replay. Good pace by the way. You were just a bit optimistic on the tyre. ;)

@HO7DOG , Thx again for waiting, and sorry for whispering your name. I will try to avoid that next time. :whistling:

Thx to the staff,
to our liverstreamer
and all the drivers for that nice race!
Cheers.

I was in the race, although not probably noticed, as I was at the back. I actually was in 25th in the first half with about 9 drivers behind me which was awesome and gave me a buzz. However, one by one they dropped out and yes, I was last again. Actually I was not last but beat one other. Forgotten his name. Ah, no.. gone.
Anyway, yes the Dirk Porch man, I agree with him about lagging. Not myself, but I did see two drivers with lag issues; the 'floating around the track effect etc' and thought maybe lower entries may help. BUT, great race for me, and I hope for others.
I did have another issue which was leaders on overtaking! I said on the grid I was going to stay on line. Most drivers overtook when I eased off or TS, to 'go right/left'. But a few got into scrapes with me because they were too impatient and twice I ended up in the sand and one other driver crashed(HIS FAULT) and disconnected
Nevertheless, great race.

HERE is mine. You should lower the quality settings of the replay or/and higher replay size. It allow longer replay.

the file says _spa. Is it correct?

Good pace by the way. You were just a bit optimistic on the tyre. ;)
Thanks :) I couldn't touch your qualy pace. A X:XX.8 was it? I did X:XX.2.
Was the lap all done with 100% turbo?
Edit: BP please refrain from posting lap times. Thanks for understanding.

yeah i'm used to Raceroom and forgot to change them from qualy to race, and to enable tire change on the pit preset. So, i raced all 30 laps with the same soft tires but it was a great experience with good fights.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
the file says _spa. Is it correct?

Thanks :) I couldn't touch your qualy pace. A X:XX.8 was it? I did X:XX.2.
Was the lap all done with 100% turbo?

yeah i'm used to Raceroom and forgot to change them from qualy to race, and to enable tire change on the pit preset. So, i raced all 30 laps with the same soft tires but it was a great experience with good fights.

cheers

My bad 'bout the replay, indeed wrong one, HERE is the good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not have enough time to prepare for a proper setup for the Porsche ST. My 2nd gear was way to high and was loosing time on the exit of slow corners.
Was lucky to survive the first laps incidents. Unfortunately my tyre choise was not the right one and had to change them on pits, which took too much time and lost all the places I gain. Still good fights.

@HO7DOG , Thx again for waiting, and sorry for whispering your name. I will try to avoid that next time. :whistling:
Nooo, It's OK, really! When I saw you spinning in my mirror I wasn't certain at first. I thought that it's very unlikely that you spin out on your own, yet not impossible. Your reaction on teamspeak was enough for me to do the right thing.
I'd never put a good result before fair racing!
So, here's to many great battles.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back