AC LIVE STREAM: Group C @ Paul Ricard - Sat 03Mar18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm on the TS server, but my mic is broken. I might not discern voices from game sounds, so please try some ringing me or something. I'm also in Oculus vr which hides all visual notifications.

I dealt with the Merc C9 very well in Road America, but it is a very difficult car to drive fast. Apologies in advance If I lose it.

Awesome race, thanks @Bobby Pennington and @Celtic Pharaoh for the organization.
Apart the first laps, my race has been pretty lonely at P3 until the end because the 2 Mercs in front were some kind of this in the Mistral straight:
ariane64.png

:p

Thanks for joining the race tonight. It was a pleasure hosting the event tonight and I hope I did a good job for you all :)

Apologies for the slight delay in getting started. Had issues getting a driver connected. Special thanks to @RasmusP for helping out. Without him, someone would've had a disappointing night tonight.

These were my setups from tonight

Attachments

• paulRicard_1.47.5.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 175
  • paulRicard_1.47.5e.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 190
  • paulRicard_1.47.5e2.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 169
  • paulRicard_1.47.5e3.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 170
  • paulRicard_low ride height.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
bloody hell @Geof 1:47 flat
And i was feeling good before the race lol.

Good race guys

:whistling:, It's just about love... The car gives it back to me....:cautious::laugh:.
I saw you were using medium tires for the practice. I would suggest you to use the race tires with race fuel load. That's how I do it. You will get use to them sooner.
And then, when you arrive in qualy, you choose the fastest tires (depending on conditions, soft tonight) and you just enjoy that sudden high grip joy without pushing too hard... easiest way to get a good qualy.
A few more races and you will be in the pace ;), no doubt. (I've a few races with that car...)

And here is my setup if you want to see if there's something to dig in that way, or compare with Celtic Pharaoh... They're is one fastest than the other one... could you find it? :whistling::D

Thanks all for the race,
especially to all the blue flags guys that had to break behind me in the corners, sorry!
Good job Staff!
See you soon on track.

Attachments

• ggtpR.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 207
I never drove the Merc, found that the Porsche hated me so I was left with the Mazda which fitted my laptimes perfectly. I had a pace during practice, no not "fast", but during the race I opted for a slower, stable pace that made for a great drive. I hope everyone got by me well enough?

Last lap incident between Devon, myself and an unknown driver, I'm sorry for that. Devon had lapped me but made mistakes and wasn't getting away from me. I chose to not give up and slow down, contact occurred and I was bumped into the third car. Standings were not changed I don't think.

Thanks for joining the race tonight. It was a pleasure hosting the event tonight and I hope I did a good job for you all :)

Apologies for the slight delay in getting started. Had issues getting a driver connected. Special thanks to @RasmusP for helping out. Without him, someone would've had a disappointing night tonight.

These were my setups from tonight
Thank you both for taking care of this. I knew I left it in good hands, I just didn't know they were great hands:inlove:

And here is my setup if you want to see if there's something to dig in that way, or compare with Celtic Pharaoh... They're is one fastest than the other one... could you find it? :whistling::D

ahah, i'll try them later. Just saw that you guys used very low wing and I went to try my setup again. Yep it works, wing from 7 to 3 and tyres to soft, 1:47,1. Yet, false hope, because race trim pace is another story. You and @Celtic Pharaoh push it to another level. :thumbsup:

cheers

Couple of pre-race mistakes from me.

First one I do not know how on earth I thought it was a 1:30 race instead of 1:15. Fuel load and strategy was based on it.
Second one was I activated OBS after AC which result in stuterring that did not disappear due to changing AC rendering from non full screen to full screen.

Anyway, I really squeezed the most I could from the Mazda and on qual it was a 0.05 difference from Van De San, which tells me it was not bad at all. Did a good start gaining a couple of positions, but then tangled a bit on the slow part as have to wait behind the cars that were slot on that sector, having some cars behind on attack mode. Did too many mistakes for an endurance race which costs me too much time. Was able to finish on 11th which is not that bad being the second best Mazda. Quiet suprised by the difference of top speed on the back straight against the C9 and how SLOW they were on the fast sweeps. Once I got lapped I have to slow down on that section. Probably BoP would make things better, but I guess it will be quiet hard to achieve it, particulary on tracks with so different sectors.

Thanks for the admins to put these races together.

Just went back and watched the replay, and it was
Couple of pre-race mistakes from me.

First one I do not know how on earth I thought it was a 1:30 race instead of 1:15. Fuel load and strategy was based on it.
Second one was I activated OBS after AC which result in stuterring that did not disappear due to changing AC rendering from non full screen to full screen.

Anyway, I really squeezed the most I could from the Mazda and on qual it was a 0.05 difference from Van De San, which tells me it was not bad at all. Did a good start gaining a couple of positions, but then tangled a bit on the slow part as have to wait behind the cars that were slot on that sector, having some cars behind on attack mode. Did too many mistakes for an endurance race which costs me too much time. Was able to finish on 11th which is not that bad being the second best Mazda. Quiet suprised by the difference of top speed on the back straight against the C9 and how SLOW they were on the fast sweeps. Once I got lapped I have to slow down on that section. Probably BoP would make things better, but I guess it will be quiet hard to achieve it, particulary on tracks with so different sectors.

Thanks for the admins to put these races together.

I also was overfueled, and had about five laps spare at the end of the race. Just messed up my calculations.

I was looking forward to a little battle with you with around 10 or 12 minutes to go, but I unfortunately spun with about 18 or 20 to go. I'm just quite poor at adapting to a different line to lap another car. You would have passed me regardless, since your raw pace was clearly better than mine, but it could have been a little entertaining.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back