LIVE STREAM: Goodwood Members Meeting - 18th & 19th March

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Goodwood Members Meeting 6.jpg

RaceDepartment will be running a live stream of the epic Goodwood Members Meeting historic racing day on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th March.

The Goodwood Members Meeting is one of the premium racing weekend's of the year for historic fans and Goodwood, and this season they are due to celebrate their 75th anniversary. The event was founded by Lord March, and aims to recreate the atmosphere and camaraderie of the original BARC Members’ Meetings held at Goodwood throughout the 1950s and 1960s.

Both Saturday and Sunday will consist of an action packed programme of racing featuring a wide variety of historic cars and motorcycles from the rich history of motorsport past. Highlights from the schedule include historic Formula One racing, the Gerry Marshall trophy for Group 1 saloon cars between 1971 and 1982, Graham Hill Trophy for GT cars of 1960 to 1966 pedigree, muscle cars up to 1966 (think Ford Mustangs people...) and a wide variety of other two and four wheeled racing machines.

You can catch all the racing here at RaceDepartment from 7.30am UK (track opens at 9am) Saturday 18th March on our very own Live Stream page at RD. The event will run on into the early evening and will be repeated during the night. Sunday's track action will begin at 9am (UK) Sunday 19th March.

Goodwood Members Meeting 5.jpg
Goodwood Members Meeting 4.jpg

As well as the action packed racing events throughout the weekend, the live stream will also cover the on track displays from a number of different racing clubs. Already lined up to produce an awesome show during the event will be the following cars:
  • 3-litre Sport Prototypes, with Italian exotica from Ferrari and Alfa Romeo, wailing V12 Matras and Cosworth DFV-engined Lolas, Mirages and more.
  • Legends of GT1, including awesome machines from Porsche, Mercedes, Jaguar, Ferrari and Lister alongside the incomparable McLaren F1-GTRs.
  • Group A Touring Cars spanning the whole Group A era, including early Rover SD1s, BMW 635CSIs, Volvo 240 Turbos, Jaguar XJSs, alongside later Ford Sierra RS500s and BMW M3s.

So let's take a look in more detail at some of the classes due to take to the track the weekend of March 18th - 19th at Goodwood...

S. F. Edge Trophy
A class dedicated to pre war racing driver Selwyn Francis Edge, the cars will be pre-1923 Grand Prix machines and promises to offer a full grid of cars and sideways action!

Gerry Marshall Trophy
Dedicated to Group 1 touring cars ranging from 1970 to 1982 and includes some of the most iconic tin top machines ever raced. Driver swops are mandatory for this event and the cars include some of the most stunning machines ever to take the track, include such beasts as the Ford Capri and Rover Vitesse. Many of the cars will race in period livery and several period drivers will be in attendance.

Hailwood Trophy
In honour of "Mike the bike", the Hailwood Trophy will feature the main bike racing element of the weekend and is for two stroke 250cc and 350cc racing bikes as raced between 1970 and 1984. Usually known for tight racing, this is one for the bike enthusiasts amongst us here at RD.

Scott Brown Trophy
This race will be a GT event featuring Lister sports cars that raced up to and including 1966. The big Lister is a stunning racing car and perfectly echo's the design sentiments of 1960's motorsport in the UK. Fast, loud and sideways. Great racing guaranteed!

Brabbham Trophy
Dedicated to the memory of Australian motorsports legend Sir. Jack Brabbham, this event makes it's return to the Goodwood Members meeting for the first time since 2014. Eligible cars for the event are Brabbham Grand Prix cars that raced between 1954 and 1960 and includes many of the most successful Formula One cars of the 2.5 litre World Championship era.

Varzi Trophy
A new event for Goodwood. Named after pre war bike and car racer Archille Varzi, the event is open to French and Italian Grand Prix and Voiturette cars that raced up to 1939.

Graham Hill Trophy
One of the best events in all of historic racing, the Graham Hill Trophy will feature some stunning cars that competed in the RAC Tourist Trophy at Goodwood between 1960 and 1966. Featuring such iconic cars as the AC Cobra, Aston Martin DB4 GT, Ford Mustang and Jaguar E-Type amongst others, this race is sure to be a highlight of the weekend.

Pierpoint Cup
Another highlight from the schedule is the race named after 1965 British Touring Car Champion Roy Pierpoint. Due to feature pre 1965 muscle cars such as the Ford Mustang and Camaro the racing in this event is always fierce and the cars always spectacular out on track. Watch out for some well known racing personalities too..

Derek Bell Cup
Producing racing on track that can put any modern series to shame, the Derek Bell Cup is an event for 1 litre Formula Three cars that competed between the years 1964 to 1970.

Weslake Cup
Making a first appearance at the Goodwood Members Meeting, the Weslake Cup (named after engine builder Harry Westlake) will be a race contested by A series engined sports and GT cars from between the periods of 1958 and 1966.

Surtees Trophy
Named in honour of the late John Surtees, a champion motorcycle and Formula One driver, the 2017 Surtees Trophy will be commemorating the British champion with a field full of mighty Group 7 sports prototypes that competed in the legendary American Can-AM series in the 1960s. Due to be the fastest series of the meeting, this is one that is not to be missed.

You can catch all the racing here at RaceDepartment from 7.30am UK (track opens at 9am) Saturday 18th March on our very own Live Stream page. The event will run on into the early evening and will be repeated during the night. Sunday's track action will begin at 9am (UK) Sunday 19th March.

Keep an eye out at RaceDepartment during 2017 as we look to stream more live racing than ever before. It's going to be a great event and a great year ahead!

Drop a comment or two below about the 2017 Goodwood Members Meeting with your fellow community members and sit back and enjoy the broadcast :)

Happy viewing everyone!

Goodwood Members Meeting 1.jpg
Goodwood Members Meeting 2.jpg
Goodwood Members Meeting 3.jpg

Last edited:
No worries @Andrew Harper hope you enjoy the stream.

Goodwood (any event) is on my bucket list to do for sure but man do they know how to charge! I'm all for paying what something is worth, but the prices they charge are a little too close to the cost of a decent second hard car :roflmao:

Still that's the beauty of the tinterweb, I can sit in me boxers on the sofa with a whisky and smokes whist having the best seat in the house :)

No worries @Andrew Harper hope you enjoy the stream.

Goodwood (any event) is on my bucket list to do for sure but man do they know how to charge! I'm all for paying what something is worth, but the prices they charge are a little too close to the cost of a decent second hard car :roflmao:

Still that's the beauty of the tinterweb, I can sit in me boxers on the sofa with a whisky and smokes whist having the best seat in the house :)

Yeah I know, the FoS and the Goodwood Historic are just about manageable but I think The Members Meeting (which isn't usually open to the public anyway) was about £250 for the Sunday alone. With travel costs it would have eaten a months wages! :laugh:

For sure though, top marks to Goodwood for showing these events. I was kicking myself when I found out they had a Mazda FoS one year but at least I got to see it on the PC and hear those rotaries! :inlove:

Are those cars actually going to really race against each other and push? Or is it only showing off...

Yeah they race nice and hard :) Well to be fair with those kinds of cars the racing isn't always "door to door" due to the nature of the cars and disparity of the performance. I can say they do push it hard and race for results. Many a time at Donington I've had a big intake of breath / puckered sphincter when they throw it up the inside of the old hairpin :)

Yeah they race nice and hard :) Well to be fair with those kinds of cars the racing isn't always "door to door" due to the nature of the cars and disparity of the performance. I can say they do push it hard and race for results. Many a time at Donington I've had a big intake of breath / puckered sphincter when they throw it up the inside of the old hairpin :)

Oh yes I can vouch for what Paul is saying. It all depends of course on the class of car. The really old cars are raced with a certain amount of respect simply because they are so fragile and valuable. The sportscar and single seater races though are even better. Fantastic battles. The difference is not so much the car but the owners. Some buy the cars but leave them to be driven by race drivers while others are semi professional and just want to race what they've invested in. So in some races, yes you can get a lot of field spread but there's always action to watch.

I cannot fathom a mind that would prefer 12 hours at Sebring over a weekend at Goodwood. 12 hours at Sebring is a sentence, not an event. ;):D:p

Last edited:
Why this isn't televised, I really don't know:O_o:

I'm not 100% sure but I think it did end up as a highlights program on ITV4 last year. It was only about 30-45 minutes though.

At least with the Goodwood live stream they now provide we can either watch all day or just choose what we want to watch :thumbsup:

I'm just glad Sky haven't quite cottoned onto these yet, they'd end up on the F1 channel and I can't afford Sky as it is! :rolleyes:

Why this isn't televised, I really don't know:O_o:
I don't think you can get much better than full live stream coverage with day long commentary on YouTube. If it is televised it will go the way of FOS and in the UK atleast we will have to pay Sky to watch it. One of the best things about the MM and Revival events at Goodwood for me is the coverage.

Reactions: Sky

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years