rF2 Live Stream: EnduRacers GTE @ Autódromo do Estoril (Portugal 2009) - Fri 22Jun18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I think that a 20-minute race relay, that only the first three come out is not good, there were many more drivers out there ...:(:(:(
You mean the stream was to focused on the leading drivers?
Yes, normally I would agree with you, and most of the time we would watch the entire field. BUT, the battle at the front was one of the closest all race long, and the times we did jump away from it, there was a position change. Sometimes, the lead battle is the best battle, and that's what I watch. I am sorry if you do not like the way that I stream Juan.

Yes, normally I would agree with you, and most of the time we would watch the entire field. BUT, the battle at the front was one of the closest all race long, and the times we did jump away from it, there was a position change. Sometimes, the lead battle is the best battle, and that's what I watch. I am sorry if you do not like the way that I stream Juan.
I loved the one of le mans, but nothing Estoril, of 30 pilots can not leave only three, you are wrong, there were many battles, you must retransmit for all, not only for the first three, greetings

PD.- do not take it badly, it is a constructive criticism. I do not say it because I do not leave on TV, I do not say it for me, the broadcast will win in quality

I think that a 20-minute race relay, that only the first three come out is not good, there were many more drivers out there ...:(:(:(
I loved the one of le mans, but nothing Estoril, of 30 pilots can not leave only three, you are wrong, there were many battles, you must retransmit for all, not only for the first three, greetings

PD.- do not take it badly, it is a constructive criticism. I do not say it because I do not leave on TV, I do not say it for me, the broadcast will win in quality
@Joseph Wright if I like how you retransmit, but in this you have not been well.;):rolleyes::rolleyes:;):thumbsup:
to be fair is to divide the time between all
@Joseph Wright as I said is a constructive criticism, not destructive, I value much the work done. I am sorry if the translator says something I do not think, I do not speak English, and something can be misinterpreted
As much as I understand what you are trying to say @Juan Roguez, can we now stop this discussion please! @Joseph Wright has been very kind to provide a live stream of these events off his own bat, and without ever asking for anything in return. The broadcasts are simply for our fun, but Joseph has been taking them very seriously and doing an absolutely fantastic job!

As @Crashhard Banger has rightly said, in a 20 minute race it can be very difficult to divide airtime across the entire grid especially when there are so many cars in the race. There may have been other battles up and down the field, but the broadcaster will naturally follow the closest fight the most - if this is at the front of the pack then so be it!

Apologies if this in any way sounds harsh, but the discussion regarding the live stream should not be taking place here. The topic of this thread should specifically be the event itself.

Thank you very much once again to everyone who participated in last night's event, and of course thanks also to @Joseph Wright for what I imagine was yet another epic live stream. :D I have not had a chance to watch it myself - I might do later, if I can find the time - but I could hear you screaming via TeamSpeak (someone had cranked up the volume) during the second race! :roflmao:

I would like to very quickly say sorry to everyone, firstly for the slightly longer than expected qualifying session - I forgot to change the duration following last week's event at Le Mans :redface: - and also for the delays during the warm-up sessions prior to each of the races - on both occasions we were waiting for a couple of drivers to (re-)join the server. I also apologise to the driver(s) into whom I crashed at the beginning of the second race, going into Turn 2 - I was surrounded by cars and became somewhat disoriented, and so completely missed the braking point. :O_o:

I did not have the best of races last night - it took me ages to setup the car, and prevent it from sliding around - but it was certainly intense. The track was incredibly slippery, and for the first time in a few weeks I felt rather uncomfortable even though I had previously felt rather confident in these cars. The utmost concentration was required at all times, and I was in severe need of a lie-down after the event. :laugh: Now looking forward to next week...

On that note, we look forward to seeing all of you again as well, at Portimao - the event thread has now been created, and is open for you to sign-up! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Looks like I am not going to make it. I had to download throught steam the downloader that downloads the downloader of the downloader of the map.

Apologies.
It's a shame that you couldn't join us last night. :unsure: Hopefully we'll see you for the next event, at Portimao! :)

Happy to close the gap within 2 weeks, i was terrible at driving these cars, since its so easy to lock tires or in general push to hard into overheating them. My driving lines were not always the best today, consistency was bad and sliding way to much.

From now on are we only using the rfactor2 dlc @Daiman Patel ?
Been driving the endurance dlc cars all week. Went back to theese yesterday thinking it wouldnt be much different. But i was surprised :D Was like ice skating in comparrison. Ended up overheating my tires in the first race so pace dropped towards the end. Anyways fun races, always great battles in theese cars :)
We definitely plan to host races using the cars from the Endurance Pack by Studio 397 in the not too distant future. However, not everyone has purchased the pack, and it would be a real shame to ruin the momentum that we have created with these GTE events - they are currently attracting large grids - by suddenly switching to a newly released set of cars for which drivers will have to pay. If we hold off for a few more weeks then more people will have had a chance to buy the pack, if they have not done so already, and we will then also start to organise races using these cars. Keep your eyes peeled for more information, which will be coming your way very soon! :sneaky:

Regarding the issues that you have raised about sliding around and overheating your tyres, I believe that the track itself was partly at fault. The surface was incredibly slippery, and also bumpy / uneven, which certainly did not help the situation. In the past few races with these cars (before the event at Estoril) we have not really seen these problems, but even I (one of the slowest drivers on the grid) experienced a lot of overheating and wheel locking last night. :whistling:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back