rF2 LIVE STREAM : 397 Multiclass @ Le Mans - Fri 02 Aug 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I sure hope we're not going to stop the use of custom skins at raceday? I'm all set up already.

I've suggested that we should but Craig doesn't want too, but if anyone has a skin which is not loading they should be booted. Pleased to see the earlier post on that front from Craig.

But I think there is an option in game for me not to load custom skins? Rather than it being at server level, I'm sick of problems caused by others.

I love a custom skin, but if not using one means the game has less problems then I'm happy to use a default one to ensure this and I think others should be as considerate.

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL

Several drivers on the server this evening were using custom skins that were not loading correctly. This causes several issues for other drivers and could potentially crash the server. If you are using a custom skin and have a red square either flashing or static beside your username, you must immediately leave the server and fix this error or use a default skin, if you fail to do this you will be kicked from the server, for the benefit of all the other drivers.

Several drivers have suggested that we do not allow custom skins, I really really do not want to take this option, I am all for custom skins, so please, including myself, let's make sure that our square is green :thumbsup:

I thank you all for your understanding in this matter.

@Stephen Gibb
@Magnus Dahlgren
@JoelK
@Martin Fiala
@Chris Hone
@PurgerUK
@HDrury42
@suspectmonkey
@Ingemar Petersson
@Richard Hessels
@IlPaoletto
@cagivariver
@Maikel Bevers
@Marcos Kornievicz
@Roy Magnes
@Juan Roguez
@ZeroRisk
@Erdei Balint
@alexSchmurtz
@Tero Dahlberg
@Toi
@Lutis
@eryx
@Dorco
@Paul Glover
@alvaro inchausti
@csar77
@Frank van der Heide
@Jani1980
@Kresh

Reserve list
@Enzo Fazzi - LMP
@ionONE1 - GTE
@Cosimo - LMP
@Ross McGregor - LMP

@Craig Dunkley

I did not get an alert from this post, if you add a tag after the post it does not work. Wanted to let you know as others might not see it. Might be worth adding something to the OP?

It seems good to me that skins are used if the box is green, if a pilot sees it in red or gray that leaves the server and fix it or not participate, that is correct for me,Obviously if there is no solution, then official skins:);)

But I think there is an option in game for me not to load custom skins? Rather than it being at server level, I'm sick of problems caused by others.
Yep, there is a "load custom skins" setting, don't remember exactly where... No in front of my PC so can't tell you exactly before this evening, but I'm pretty sure you'll find the box to uncheck. :)

Yep, there is a "load custom skins" setting, don't remember exactly where... No in front of my PC so can't tell you exactly before this evening, but I'm pretty sure you'll find the box to uncheck. :)
Multiplayer.JSON, lines 23 and 24

"Download Custom Skins":true,
"Download Custom Skins#":"whether to automatically download skins from when clients join server with custom skins",

I think there's a checkbox somewhere in-game too. But mine is in a middle of a big update atm and can't run it to check.

The issues might be more with the server not properly handling clients that don't have skins set up right. So it might not do much if nothing at all if a client is set to not download them. But just speculation on my part.

Take me off the reserves list, please. Haven't had time to properly reinstall rF2 and can't be bothered at the moment. I'll let @Cosimo have a go with his new pedals if a spot opens up ;)

I have been doing some testing with custom skins ...if your skin consist of one file (.dds .mas) all appears to be good. However if you use a skin that comes with 2 windows files (custom front and rear) included it will fail to load correctly. So it appears the custom windows are the cause..delete the two windows files and let rF2 use its own default windows instead, then you should be good to go. I believe this issue is only at this track.

remove the click
GRAB_014.JPG

• Deleted member 387850

I'm sorry to do this again Craig, but I'll have to sign out! Out for the day with the family and the weather is so good we're going to stay out and make the most of it. Happens so rarely! I'll have to stop signing up for races I can't attend :redface:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back