rF2 LIVE STREAM : 397 Multiclass @ Le Mans - Fri 02 Aug 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm interested to know from other drivers what laptimes they get during practice. I feel like i suck at it with a best laptime so far of (Porsche 911 RSR), when i see laptimes of already on the board sometimes. I guess i will be at the back of the grid on friday if this is the best pace i can get out of this car ;-(. I guess it's not done to share setups before a race? ;-)
Pretty sure people do share setups. No point asking me though as I suck at setting cars up. I just run default but on this track make sure to select the low drag option for the car in the tuning menu before you go through to the track.
That and make sure you have only enough fuel for the number of laps you're going to run. I.e. 3 laps of fuel for out lap, two flying laps etc.
Soft tyres etc. General stuff.
Oh, and plenty of practice if you can. Although being at the back or even mid pack isn't a bad thing, there is always someone to race

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this track limited to a certain number of cars, or technical reason for "only" 31 drivers on the server, maybe we could extend the grid to 35 ;) ?

Both of these links will help you ....

Server and TeamSpeak Password: click here
TeamSpeak Installation Guide: click here

A mic is not required, but of course if you have you can then chat away ..TS is not mandatory, but I can not recommend TS enough ...even if you are not a chatty person you can at least listen.

Some of the things that are often spoke about in TS:

Setups
Tires
Pit Stops
Car choice
and much more

All very helpful topics ...and of course the drivers brief.

Graig, thanks for the tips/suggestions. I installed TS a few days back and it's working. However, i cannot find anyplace where the things you mentioned are spoken about. There is nobody in the Rfactor2 group to chat with about these things. Am i doing something wrong or is there nobody 'on the other end'?

The track is to long for a formation lap ..follow the safety car until second corner was tested and hated the way that worked, so it is a standing start,

How does a standing start work for you guys? When I start in 1st gear I slowly crawl forward for the first 20 meters before the car starts to make speed. Is there a special start procedure to follow? Or do all you guys have the same issue with a very slow start?

Graig, thanks for the tips/suggestions. I installed TS a few days back and it's working. However, i cannot find anyplace where the things you mentioned are spoken about. There is nobody in the Rfactor2 group to chat with about these things. Am i doing something wrong or is there nobody 'on the other end'?

No it sounds like you are doing nothing wrong. Rarely will you see others drivers in the RF2 channel unless it is race night. Drivers only use it during the event..On Friday evening you will see many drivers (names) in the RF2 channel :thumbsup:

Hey Frank, I think you spoke to Kevin and I a few hours ago right?
There will be a lot more people online on race night. You'll be spoilt for choice on discussion about all racing topics.
Practice servers are a bit hit and miss depending on time that people are on. As you found earlier, there were a couple of us online but on a different track.

How does a standing start work for you guys? When I start in 1st gear I slowly crawl forward for the first 20 meters before the car starts to make speed. Is there a special start procedure to follow? Or do all you guys have the same issue with a very slow start?
Those cars are really not meant for standing start: they have very long first gears made for rolling starts. So it will be really slow for everybody if we keep a standing start, nothing wrong on your side. :)

It is a difficult one ...I felt the track was to long for a formation lap followed by rolling start?

The other option of rolling start with safety car I felt was a bit dangerous, especially for inexperienced drivers? basically you are plonked in the moving grid and then its green green green ..you have about 3 seconds to react ...

Personally I will always go with the majority :thumbsup:

Hey Frank, I think you spoke to Kevin and I a few hours ago right?
There will be a lot more people online on race night. You'll be spoilt for choice on discussion about all racing topics.
Practice servers are a bit hit and miss depending on time that people are on. As you found earlier, there were a couple of us online but on a different track.

Yeah Alex, it was nice to speak to you guys. Other than you there was nobody om the RF2 channel, so i thought perhaps i did something wrong. Now i'm at ease and i will speak to you guys again on friday! Thanks.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%