rF2 LIVE STREAM : 397 Multiclass @ Le Mans - Fri 02 Aug 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
The Lap after that Pc restarted itself for a Windows update, which ended it for me:sick:
BTW, I was just thinking that as you were talking about it on TS - if you're on Win10 at least, you should really set your system better so this doesn't happen. It is absolutely possible to do so. You can set the notifications so they don't come up when you're gaming, and you can also set the way the updates download and install, and when they do so. So it is very much possible to have it set up in a way things like this don't really happen to you, yet you still receive all the updates and stay up to date, as you should.

(Feel free to drop me a message if you want some help with that.)

BTW, I was just thinking that as you were talking about it on TS - if you're on Win10 at least, you should really set your system better so this doesn't happen. It is absolutely possible to do so. You can set the notifications so they don't come up when you're gaming, and you can also set the way the updates download and install, and when they do so. So it is very much possible to have it set up in a way things like this don't really happen to you, yet you still receive all the updates and stay up to date, as you should.
This. I was also thinking the same. And have been just about every time this happens to someone which seems to be on average once every race :p

(Feel free to drop me a message if you want some help with that.)
I use to have it, but I did a complete re-install since I upgraded my boot drive couple of months back and forgot to set it up again. Went straight to sort it out after what happened

Congratulations to the podium, I had a lot of fun, at the end of the race I almost reached Paul Glover, a mistake at the start I relegate very far back, when we came back I didn't believe it, but when it seemed to have the race under control, a semitrompe ruined it Tero Dahlberg got ahead of me and I think he won with authority, saying that at my stop the mechanics put me only 45 liters of fuel when I scored 90, and I had to stop again, which was when Paul Glover got ahead of me, great race, thanks to the admin and the companions for the great thing that happened to me:);):thumbsup:

In the end, a nice race .. I started fourth but I would say well ... first of all I apologize to Cosimo for my spin at Mulsanne and with Seve at Indianapolis, I arrived quite long for the rest of the race with 30th so I was so sweaty ... the rather chaotic start had to be a normal start but in front they didn't understand ... I started with medium tires, good choice but bad management and in fact after two laps from the first stint I had so much difficulty in managing the lack of grip causing some damage to me and agl'altri .. anticipated the second stint put the soft and vai..wow .... other flaw that at the beginning and at the end of the race in T1 and T3 I had several tears.
Congratulations to all

Congratulations to the podium, I had a lot of fun, at the end of the race I almost reached Paul Glover, a mistake at the start I relegate very far back, when we came back I didn't believe it, but when it seemed to have the race under control, a semitrompe ruined it Tero Dahlberg got ahead of me and I think he won with authority, saying that at my stop the mechanics put me only 45 liters of fuel when I scored 90, and I had to stop again, which was when Paul Glover got ahead of me, great race, thanks to the admin and the companions for the great thing that happened to me:);):thumbsup:
Good racing! Sorry for almost taking you out in the braking zone in to the first chicane on Mulsanne! I just missed the brake marker, for the second time actually! First time was on the first lap and that kind of killed my fronts.

I made so many mistakes, but somehow managed to not hit the wall more than once and somehow it didn't kill me! Car wasn't the greatest to drive as fuel went down which made for some scary spins toward the end of the race in the last sector when I tried to improve my fastest lap :D Also got a drive through on the last lap :roflmao:

Congrats to finishers! I feel like these longer events just aren't as fun even though they break the regular format every now and then. People just tend to spread out too far for racing to happen.

Well, trying to sort out the skin issue, it seems like the game probably downloaded some weird/corrupted skin for the Oreca for me at some point (from someone called "Magnus" I guess, according to the car file, on June 28), and I had two different #7 cars in the list. I still selected the correct one, but I guess the other one was somehow causing the issue and clashing with the other one.

Or at least I hope that was the case, because if not, then I have no idea what's wrong (and why only some people seemed to have a problem with that).

Well, trying to sort out the skin issue, it seems like the game probably downloaded some weird/corrupted skin for the Oreca for me at some point (from someone called "Magnus" I guess, according to the car file, on June 28), and I had two different #7 cars in the list. I still selected the correct one, but I guess the other one was somehow causing the issue and clashing with the other one.

Or at least I hope that was the case, because if not, then I have no idea what's wrong (and why only some people seemed to have a problem with that).
if it happens to you again, delete the folders of the cars, if you carry a skins and yours is correct, leave it, but the others delete them and when you return to the server you will download the skins of the companions.:);):thumbsup:

Yes, probably what happened. I could see you with the original skin, but at the same time you had the green square of a custom skin, weird.
Juan is right, go into your setting folder and remove the custom skins you have downloaded from previous races. Most are probably broken if the car has been updated in the meantime...

The first time I saw problems with custom skins was a few months ago already, when we did a GT3 race at Bathurst: we entered a bunch of SpeedyMite skins, but even more Vettes were wearing them. In fact, all the Vettes were with our skins on the broadcast, that was a disaster! Since then I stopped running custom skin but I still got problem: using a stock MCR a few week ago, I could see from the cockpit that I was with the custom skin from an another driver using the same car...
I hope the fix s397 announced in the road map will solve this issue, custom skin is a nice feature for online race!

Thanks for the races guys: I did way too many mistakes to my liking, but that was a nice event! :thumbsup:

My race was actually lost in the first lap. First the horrible horrible awefull (or is that overstating it? ;-)) start where some cars had no idea when to start. I was one of those, apparantly getting a drive through penalty for jumpstarting. Driving in VR I did not see the statusmessage outside my VR view and I had absolutely no idea what kind of penalty I had been given. Then in the first lap at the chicane I got hit at the rear and I spun. Having to wait for the whole field to pass before I could safely re-enter the track. I struggled for the first 5 laps to find out what happened and what sort of penalty I had to take. Just to be sure I drove into the pits, but the penalty was still not cleared after leaving the pitlane. So again uncertainty struck and I decided to keep on driving (after asking for advice on TS what I should do). After that my laptimes weren't added in my display anymore, so I guessed I must have been disqualified. Very weird, because it turned out I was still on the standings list. I just kept going and finally decided to do another (my second) drive through. That cleared my penalty mark and I could start to drive my race. Driving at the back of the field I felt like the Willams F1 drivers must feel every race. It got quite lonesome out there by my own, every now and then being lapped by faster LMP2 cars. I even started to sing 'are you lonesome tonight' and 'driving home for Xmas' after the dark set in. Finally I was the last car to pass the finish line. BUT, to finish last, you first have to finish! And I did just that!

This was actually my first ever online race and it was quite an experience. Eventhough it was a complete disaster for me, it still feels like i want more. But hopefully next time with a better result. I learned a lot and I quess experience is the best I can take from this race. I need to enter more races to get more racing experience.

I WANT A REMATCH! :D:):laugh::x3::sneaky:

Last edited:
This was actually my first ever online race and it was quite an experience. Eventhough it was a complete disaster for me, it still feels like i want more. But hopefully next time with a better result. I learned a lot and I quess experience is the best I can take from this race. I need to enter more races to get more racing experience.

I WANT A REMATCH! :D:):laugh::x3::sneaky:

Preparation is key. Though must admit, like others I was confused by the start but as I've raised many RF2 races I knew not to put into 1st gear or take a my foot off the brake like some did.

I avoided the mess at the start, don't understand why some are so aggressive. We have a long race ahead ahead of us. I managed to take the lead in the GTE class to go and throw it away, made a couple more mistakes but after that found my rhythm.

At this point I had @Kresh behind me and I was closing down @Toi and @Juan Roguez slowly but surely, the gap was at 11 seconds and I had got it down to about 9. Then the game has a moment where it froze and I lost over a second to the cars in-front and @Kresh behind as I had to lift off.

I had another moment when the game froze but this was down a straight, also through the Porsche curves I had some weird warping for a second or two.

At the pitstop took on fuel and some new boots, exiting someone decided to make a lunge on me at the first corner. I was not best pleased and called the other drive out on TS for their action, it's not the standard of driving we expect. It was more of a Forza move. Whilst I took on some damage my race wasn't over and I was all over said driver closing the gap down to 1/2 second, but I got a drive through penalty on the lap so went straight in and did my drive through. Which put me back into the clutches of @Kresh - we were on track near each other for a quite a bit during the race, in some parts he was faster and in other parts I was. That nullified our race a bit as the gap wouldn't close down.

I felt I was faster than most at night, this was even with the challenge that my VR headset decided to start fogging up!! Made my vision a tad tricky, it eventually cleared up. Was also very hot and sweaty at this point too, having a warm object on your head does make a difference.

Second stint was ok, stayed on track, made one error into the first chicane and spun. I forgot to brake lol Cars ahead pitted and I found myself in 2nd position, saw that @Juan Roguez was about 9/10 seconds behind me and saw there was just over 10 minutes left so started to brake earlier. Suspect he was faster at me at this point anyway, but me changing my driving style meant he got even closer.

Thanks to the other competitors for some clean racing (minus 1 incident), LMP2's were mostly good to when coming through. Though someone needs to show a bit more patience....

Overall I'm pleased with that race, could have been even better though. Thanks to @Craig Dunkley for hosting once again, once the update comes out be good to do it again!!!!!!!

This is something I was thinking of in a few previous club events already. I understand that issues with rF2 are upsetting. And that people "need to" vent. These issue upset me and I need to vent from time to time too. But in the past few events I've been part of it's started to annoy me when people bash rF2/S397 on TS.

Not that they don't have a reason to imo. I know that when we vent out it's to get validation ie. hear others agree. But these events are about fun and we should try to focus on that part rather than anything else.

This is something I was thinking of in a few previous club events already. I understand that issues with rF2 are upsetting. And that people "need to" vent. These issue upset me and I need to vent from time to time too. But in the past few events I've been part of it's started to annoy me when people bash rF2/S397 on TS.

Not that they don't have a reason to imo. I know that when we vent out it's to get validation ie. hear others agree. But these events are about fun and we should try to focus on that part rather than anything else.
instead of protesting, they should think that the race does not end in the first corner:);)

Ah yes, my final lap last sector track cut and decision to cross the finish line at the pits. @Joseph Wright got excited about that! :D I was very sure I would be marked as having served the drive through doing this. I wasn't sure how the game would handle things if I would just cross the line. I think it gives a time penalty. Maybe 30 secs. But I feared it would DQ me even though that doesn't seem sensible. But rF2 isn't always sensible... :whistling:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back