• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

Live Motorsport | Nürburgring Endurance Series | Live Stream

Live motorsport is back! Check out the livestream for the incredible 4 hour endurance race at the legendary Nurburgring circuit in Germany.

The Nürburgring Endurance Series is live now. 141 cars featuring GT3, GT4, WTCC, TCR, special editions and everything in between - around one of the greatest circuits in the world - in the rain!

The Nürburgring Endurance Series opening round of the series is live now.

2020 Calendar.
  • 27/06 – Race 1 (4h)
  • 11/07 – Race 2 (4h)
  • 12/07 – Race 3 (4h)
  • 01/08 – Race 4 (4h)
  • 29/08 – Race 5 (6h)
  • 24/10 – Race 6 (4h)
  • 07/11 – Race 7 (4h)
  • 21/11 – Race 8 (4h)

Live timing can be found here.

Real live motorsport has been a long time coming, and frankly I'm enjoying watching this far more than is natural (or socially acceptable with my wife). Please spread the love, share the excitement and use the comments section below to talk about the return of real life motorsport to our TV screens once again!

For more from the world of racing, don't forget to start a thread in the RaceDepartment Motorsport sub forum here at RD!

Header.jpg

Last edited:
RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

AccAkut

2000RPM
Premium
Mar 21, 2015
Really cool to see how they adapted to our current times, with that new pit layout. There's also police patrolling the typical viewing spots (Brünnchen, Adenauer Forst etc) which are a bit of a grey area as they are simply public spaces which you are allowed to gather in, trying hard to prevent any mishaps as politics is viewing closely and could shut it down (for good publicity) at any moment.

Snorg

10RPM
Sep 27, 2017
?? strange the pit procedure, first les wheels and after in another place the fuel.

Rules against Covid ?

VernWozza

500RPM
Staff member
Premium
Feb 3, 2017
NASCAR and Indycar since Darlington on May 17th. NASCAR has 2 races at Pocono this weekend and Indycar is at the Indy road course next weekend
Oh yeah of course.

I have to admit I'm not that aware of stuff that happens states side which is why I missed it but I'll definitely check it out while I have the time.

Aug 28, 2017
If Veranstaltergemeinschaft Langstreckenpokal Nürburgring was abbreviated as VLN (because nobody could pronounce it) Because of the name change, will Nürburgring Endurance Series be abbreviated as NES - that will be a cool abbreviation

Eckhart von Glan

6000RPM
Premium
Dec 29, 2006
N E S if that abbreviation is pronounced the English way it comes out as the German word for sneezing in the imperative (nies!), bit akward for us German speakers ;)

• Haha
Reactions: stenovitz

Durge Driven

1000RPM
Jun 17, 2017
Can't watch that hurts my eyes, bad quality, laggy, blurred, camera shake, incar horrible, overbright

Look at difference and this is only 720p

AccAkut

2000RPM
Premium
Mar 21, 2015
Can't watch that hurts my eyes, bad quality, laggy, blurred, camera shake, incar horrible, overbright

Look at difference and this is only 720p
well yeah, the main difference is yours there is proper TV level coverage, while the VLN stream is rather barebone as the whole operation is still basically a grassroots style event. Most cameras transfer their footage via normal cellular 4G network, especially all the incar cameras. On stream they explained that the number of camera operators had to be reduced even more than usual so some cams ran in automated modes.
The track is huge with literal mountain ranges in between, normal radio transmission doesn't work (during the 24h they use helicopters as relay stations)

It's like comparing F1 to Belgian F3 Cup

Follow RaceDepartment