Live for Speed: New Graphics Update Posted

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Live for Speed - Aston 6.jpg

Live for Speed continues to develop, and recently some interesting progress shots of the Aston circuit have been shared by the development team.

One of the oldest active racing simulations on the market today, Live for Speed is a highly regarded and very realistic racing title that contains some impressive content, both licensed and fantasy, and has been enjoyed by many sim racing fans since first releasing to the public all the way back in the early 2000's.

Despite the age of the title, development continues apace behind the scenes at LFS HQ, proof of which can be seen by way of the below screenshot updates showcasing the latest graphic updates from the Aston in game racing location:

Live for Speed - Aston 1.jpg
Live for Speed - Aston 2.jpg
Live for Speed - Aston 3.jpg
Live for Speed - Aston 4.jpg
Live for Speed - Aston 5.jpg

Check out the Rockingham updates HERE.

Live for Speed is available exclusively to PC.

Check out the Live for Speed sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest Live for Speed news and discussions.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Do you still enjoy LFS? Impressed the title is still updated? What do you think of the current version of the title - and the development progress? Let us know in the comments section below!

Yeah :roflmao: two developers cannot make miracles. And those guys don't want to release low quality stuff. A thing I respect very much. Everything they have released so far has been top quality, which is a reason LFS is still the top sim for me and many more racers. We have still full 30-40 car grids weekly in Gti and open wheel events, and some other active leagues..

MRT (Formula McGill) and RAC (Valmet RaceAbout) were also licenced real cars
I know, but I mean for bigger companies as those were kind of small - I mean not massively worldwide spread - brands.

I don't remember ever seeing an official cancellation of the Scirocco - was it on the forum?
No. It has been said by the developer, that Scirocco will be released with new physics...in the future. https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1924803#post1924803
I can't remember where (I think it was in the forums) but in 2015 he said that Volkswagen wasn't interested in the project anymore because of the delays and removed his right on the car license.

I can't remember where (I think it was in the forums) but in 2015 he said that Volkswagen wasn't interested in the project anymore because of the delays and removed his right on the car license.
Hmm; could it have been much later, i.e. after the post linked above (from June 2017) where he says clearly that they still plan to release the Scirocco?

CGI update for what? Would be 100% better they would bring cars like the other sims and "real" tracks.
I understand why people say this sim is great and realistic tire model make it one of the best, but sorry waiting years for an main update is a total joke.
100% i will not spend a cent on this sim anymore.

Would be 100% better they would bring cars like the other sims and "real" tracks.

Imo modern real tracks are pain to drive compared to well designed fantasy tracks. Tho nothing against old historic tracks...

New cars can't be introduced before new tire physics (which most probably will be included in the next big update with new graphics).

Hope so, but sorry to say it takes in my opinion to long. I have the S3 but sorry only on track included in the package was in my opinion a rip-off.
About new "real" tracks same here i don't like the F1 type of race tracks, but would be nice to have like Riverside, Watkins Glenn, Road Atlanta ..... and would be nice that they would give tools to make mod's like cars and tracks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back