Liuzzi to fill the Fisichella gap at Force India

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

The Force India Formula One Team is pleased to announce Vitantonio Liuzzi will assume driving duties of car number 21 from next weekend’s Italian Grand Prix. The Italian has fulfilled the team’s crucial test, reserve driver and development role from the start of the 2008 season.
After evaluating options following Giancarlo Fisichella’s switch to Ferrari, Tonio has been promoted to the race seat from Monza onwards.

Dr Vijay Mallya, chairman and team principal, commented: "I’m delighted to give Tonio the opportunity to get back into a race seat, which I know he has been itching to do for the past two years. Force India is now in a very competitive position and we need a driver who can continue this momentum. This will be the chance for Tonio to demonstrate to both the team and the field that he has the commitment, speed and professionalism to perform and I am sure he will seize this opportunity."

Tonio commented: "I can’t wait to get back into the car in race trim, particularly at my home Grand Prix in Monza. I really appreciate the opportunity Vijay has given me, particularly now Force India now has a great car that’s performing very well. I am confident I can carry on our progress. I’m very motivated, I’m in good shape and hungry to get some more points on the board. Although it’s unfortunate that this came about as an direct result of Felipe’s accident, this is my opportunity to show people what I can do and I’m really looking forward to it."

Possibly his seat for next year aswell i would think, i cant see Fisi going back to FIF1 now that he's with Ferrari, i think he'll end his career at the end of this year with Ferrari cos lets face it, what a way to finish his F1 career.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%