Little tip for the Trustmaster TX base - USB Not Detected Resolution

Hi all,

Thought i'd share this information as i've finally rectified my ongoing issue with my TX Base.

The issue i was having:

Whenever i'd plug my power/USB cable in the wheel would half calibrate and i'd get a "USB Not Recognised" error on my PC. Unplugging and plugging it back in sometimes sorted it - but not all the time and i'd just give up and not race.

The fix i found (after 18 months of just dealing with it):

Cut out the break-away part of the cable and re-solder the connections. USB connections are only 4 wires and the sheathing doesn't massively matter for the little part you're cutting away!

Not had a single issue with my wheel since.. and i'm not sure how many other people have the same problem as me.

The break away cable connection is a bit wonky. Getting a better break away does the same thing as you describe. I use the break away from my Xbox 360 controller.

Not as confident in soldering myself haha.

Upvote 0
The break away cable connection is a bit wonky. Getting a better break away does the same thing as you describe. I use the break away from my Xbox 360 controller.

Not as confident in soldering myself haha.

I guess if the other break-away works too thats a quicker fix!

I used to have a lot of these with my old job, they were awesome and a lot quicker than soldering:

Telephone_Cable_Splice_Joiners_Jellies_WM.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back