Little Problem with new AI

Keith_G

Premium
While trying out the AI race at Monza I had a bit of a mishap and was catching up when this happened coming out of the Lesmos! :roflmao: Lots of fun after I realized you had to shift into first gear just as they started to race.

or better, on their very own forum! ;)
I did put it on the support forum for AC. I'm sure they will fix it fairly quickly.
Really great to finally have someone to race against! So far the racing is fun and the AI seem to act appropriately most of the time. Great big :thumbsup: to Kunos for releasing this even if it isn't perfect!! Working on going faster so that I make it a decent race though!:)

Haha! Codemasters has infiltrated Assetto Corsa too :)

No, seriously, the way we know Kunos, it will be promptly fixed with a patch, no waiting 4 years like with the one I mentioned before.

Well, at least you all see AI. I do not have a single AI car, not that i miss much as i read the threats.
Why don't you see the AI cars? They are all set races in the special events section. So I would expect everyone to have them. They seemed to have fixed this problem and the race with the Tatuus is quite fun.

Why don't you see the AI cars? They are all set races in the special events section. So I would expect everyone to have them. They seemed to have fixed this problem and the race with the Tatuus is quite fun.
Aaahhhh....the special event section. Stupid...i was racing practice mode. But...ohoh...nope. no AI in the special event section. I truly must have a ghost copy of AC in steam....i do not know.

Comment of Aris to this:
Well, that's a good point and one of those compromises that a dev often doesn't know what to do.

What happens is that the tatuus now, on the default setup, sits lower to create more downforce. But obviously when you go out to the sand/grass etc, the bottom of the car touches down and the tyres move on the air and you're stuck.
I'm sure you agree that this is perfectly realistic, but I'm also aware that it is frustrating as it forces you to restart the race. But if the bottom doesn't touches the ground, then you won't be forced to do setup compromises or racing line compromises...

decisions, decisions. Still thinking about it, I'd like to listen your opinions too.

second one:
hmmm the default setup, now sits lower (to make tha AI faster too)... but it seems that it gives problems on the kerbs.
I'll have it a closer look and see if I can do a fast fix, until we check if we can improve the collisions with kerbs.
(not a very easy task. In reality the collisions are always "soft body", in sims generally they are hard body)

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll work on it.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years